The Waffle House Chronicles...

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Woah Mundy!


The weekend has came and went. Today sucked, I had a migraine all day and didn't do much except for going out to eat for supper and taking the dogs to the park tonight. The rest of the day was spent inside, mostly on the couch. There are maybe 2-3 days a year where I just wake up with a big-ass headache and I just have to survive the day. At least it was on a Sunday and we had no plans.

Friday night was a blast! We ended up going to the Roman Candle in Middleton. I've only ate at their other location once and never in Middleton and until Friday I wasn't a big fan. But Tracy and I shared some meat lovers pizza while Kyle and the New Guy (Brian) shared some spicy-ass pizza and Jess had some Mac & Cheese. Good eats! Then we headed to Barriques. Barriques is my place, I know how to order the coffee I want and I know they have some good molasses. Jess, Tracy and Brian did a Wisconsin Wines and Cheeses tasting while I rocked some carmel latte. It was fun to hang out and talk and enjoy good drinks with great friends. We then headed to another Barriques location that served margaritas and we played some Uno. Got home not too late.

Saturday was crazy! Got up to play basketball. Not many showed up. The first game we played 2 on 3 and then the next was 3 on 4, I was on the short side both times but we won both times. We finally got enought to play 4 on 4 and played a few games. Went grocery shopping after that. Then I tried to pick up our busted-ass mower but to no avail, they weren't open. Got home and anxiously awaited the return of Jess with a loaf of hot & spicy cheese bread. Rocked some of that. Then I just started getting non-stop phone calls, Tracy like 5 different for me to bring stuff to their house, the mower guy to pick up my mower, Jess, my mom, Dean etc. Finally I got the call I was hoping for, Stryker (Chili's boxer buddy) was ready for a trip to the big bark park. We went and for 5 minutes it was fun. Then Chili took off. The park is huge, it's just over a mile to the other side and a 3.1 mile loop with numerous cut-offs. We didn't see Chili forever but that was ok we were cool, Chili is friendly and we'd get him back eventually. Funny, we are about 1/2 mile from the entrance and I get a call, someone was wondering if we lost our dog and they were at the entrance. So I ran down there and they said that he just walked with them and played with their dogs and had a good time. So at least he had that going for him. It was a bummer to go out there though and not get to see our dog (except for Popeye who was slow and hot and tired.)

Saturday night was more Munday madness...this time a cook-out to celebrate Kyle's birthday, their new house and their temporary roommates who are knew to Madison (Brian from above and his wife Devon, who look like they will be some solid gamers.) The party was great, bocce ball, beer brats, fun co-workers and friends and the much anticipated gift ever. I'll try to post pictures whenever I find my camera (I left it at their house I hope.) The highlight of the night was getting 4 not-well-rounded trivia players on a team dominating trivial pursuit. Thank god the lit question was a comic book question that Dean knew. It was a fun time and it was great to party with so many friends! Thanks!

Today as I mentioned before sucked. 11 innings of Brewers baseball cancelled out by them losing. I did watch the moving Waiting for a second time. It's good and I'd say that it's a raunchy Empire Records/Office Space clone. Recommend!

Bed-time for me I reckon, hopefully I can post some photos soon! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home