The Waffle House Chronicles...

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Just another ordinary Wednesday


I picked the correct summer to stop bike racing. It’s been super windy all year and it was really rainy in the early season. Yesterday was the first perfect cycling day I can remember, at there were still 10mph winds going on. Jess and I went for a lunch/errand ride downtown which was a nice diversion from work. Today on my commute in, I hit cycling mile 1000 for the year; a paltry 1800 behind where I was last year at this time. I guess somehow this is supposed to prepare me for Mt Evans which is 31 days away. In other Colorado news, I got my hiking shoes yesterday! Merrell Chameleon Wrap Ventilators. Although I wouldn’t call them attractive they are better looking than I thought they would be which is a plus!

After work yesterday we took the dogs back to the dog park. We saw a very cute brindle boxer named Sable and I was sad I forgot my camera. Sable is 1yo but only weighed like 40lbs and was super fun. We spent over an hour and a half at the park and Chili found some sweet mud and I made him swim again. People were so inspired by my Chili throw that the next thing I know I see a westie and some form of spaniel being tossed in as well. There were two St. Bernards swimming as well and as much as I tried to avoid them, one of them shook his water out within shake range of me and I got wet.

In softball news, we won 20-10 last night after trailing 10-2 coming into the bottom of the fifth, and I was the two scoring both early runs and adding two more before the night was done. 3-4 with 3 singles, 1 fielders choice and 4 runs and a 6-game hitting streak to start the season. No errors either. I guess I have some pretty good game for old-man softball…it basically rewards those who purposely try to and can hit singles. Late volleyball tonight and maybe supper with the Beav on his Madison pass-through as well.

Weekend is starting to shape up nicely too, should be a good time for friends and food and entertainment. The new neighbors move in later this week too, so I’ll probably stare out the window a lot and thank the lucky stars that I am not lugging couches and stuff around. In other moving news, from what I’ve heard, Jerry’s stuff is still in Madison (was supposed to be in Idaho a week ago but as of yesterday it wasn’t even in transit yet) so he should’ve sold his house “fully furnished.” And for his race this weekend it sounds like one of his teammates isn’t it transit yet either! 4 paragraphs of very little, I hope you enjoyed. I wonder what Shiroma is doing right now?

1 Comments:

  • shiroma is avoiding work by reading your blog. any interest in riding quarry ridge tonight?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/20/2007 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home