The Waffle House Chronicles...

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Not quite the weekend yet...

This morning I made some coffee but I wanted to get to work quick. I just got my new bike thermos and mount...one problem though, my new track bike doesn't have any water bottle bosses. And I wasn't going to bring my bag today since I didn't need to carry much and it makes me sweaty. So I had no idea what I was going to do and was just going to carry it to work. Then I remembered my velcro honeypot!
It didn't hold it very securely but it remained upright and it wasn't going anywhere. As you can see the bike is almost done. I just need to get some decals and maybe figure out a better option for carrying hydration for those shorter-intermediate length rides.
Lets see. Last night we had volleyball and took 1 of 3. We had a good time though and played a pretty decent team. Tonight Jess and I (with Chili and Popeye) met some other boxer owners (and boxers) at the large Verona dog park. I guess there is like a 3 mile loop with a big ass tower in the middle. Anyways Chili was a champ as the good influence of the other dogs rubbed off on him. The hot weather and his need for water kept him in control. Popeye didn't die which is a miracle for a walk that long and that hot. Both are sleeping well now...probably has more to do with the NBA finals that are on TV right now though. Brewers take 2 of 3 (after getting no-hit in game 1) so that makes for a happy evening. We got rid of our old dryer after less than 2 hours on Craig's List (and being on our curb) so that's pretty cool! Well time to get readied up before the weekend.

1 Comments:

  • Okay, I'll be the first to say it.. WHAT THE HELL IS A VELCRO HONEY POT!!! You act as if everyone has such a thing. I would think it'd have made your thermos sticky. Eewww! On a seperate note I'm glad to see you have discovered the wonders of Verona dog park.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/15/2007 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home