The Waffle House Chronicles...

Friday, June 22, 2007

I had a dream last night…

Not sure what last night’s dream meant, but for some reason Jess and I were camping outside our high school with some of my high school friends. The next thing I know we are in a gym and playing hoops and then Dahl and Lloyd come in like they are heroes. We play some ball then we go to my parents house. And Riz shows up. The he whips out his Game Boy SP (which doubles as a holder for smokes) and pulls out a smoke and tries to light it. I hit him and take the smoke and ask what the hell he is doing and he says now that he is thirty he needs to make some changes and he started with smoking. For some reason I wanted to beat the crap out of him so I chased him to the driveway and then I woke up.

Went to Gray’s Tied House last night for the second time. We got a $50 gift certificate on Dine Madison a while ago and we wanted to use up the balance. The first time we went the food sucked but I figured we just ordered wrong. Wrong again. Although we started off right with some cheese curds (that weren’t very ample but were outstanding) it was all downhill from here. They were out of bleu cheese crumbles for my burger, which blew because they were really needed to cover up just how awful the rest of the burger was. Worst in town (along with some place called the Peppermill.) Jess got something called Beerchos. Basically they were nachos served with pico da gallo and a bread bowl of beer cheese. Sound good? Wrong! Awful. The nachos themselves has pick all over them, the combination tasted like Oscar Mayer Olive Loaf but worse. And the pico had something green in it, not peppers, but celery? The beer cheese? Tasted like hair mousse. No lie! Jess ate as many as she could stomach, I had three, just to make sure the first two weren’t something weird. Add in a below average fish fry, awful pizza and crappy bread and butter of our last visit and well, I won’t be going back unless I have to.

Seinfeld is now getting my syndicated TV time, as much as I love the King of Queens, I've seen every epsiode at least twice, so I've switched it up. What syndication do you watch?

4 Comments:

  • That almost sounds like something I'd do (or equally stupid) it's good to know you'd kick my ass for my own good.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/23/2007 8:59 AM  

  • When I graduated highschool, this lid I knew started smoking one day 'cause he found the eact change for a pack of smokes. He thought it was some sort of sign. None of his friends smoked, we all thought it was real wierd. He also decided to get his name (Connely) tattoed acros his shoulders in 4 inch high script lettering. That was also not the smartest decision.

    Aren't syndicates illegal. Isn't that why they tried to put Whitey Bulger in jail?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/23/2007 3:36 PM  

  • I meant to say kid. Kid I knew. I didn't know any lids in highschool.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/23/2007 3:38 PM  

  • oh, and that's exact change, I don't know what eact change is. I need to start using the blue button down there.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/23/2007 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home