The Waffle House Chronicles...

Friday, June 30, 2006

Unbreak my Heart...

Well I went to the doctor on Thursday afternoon and all my hunches were….wrong! What I suspected was bronchitis or an asthma issue was actually a small heart problem. I have Pericardial Effusion which is a build up of fluid around the heart. Sounds fun! I have an in-depth Echocardiogram today to make everything clearer so I’ll know more this afternoon about what I can and can’t do. Most likely however is that I can’t do the race on Sunday and I’ll have to sit around for a couple more weeks and eat asprin and anti-inflammatories. This is a bummer for me as I’ve trained this season to come to a peak right now for a couple of my favorite races. But I am also relieved to figure this out and nip it in the butt so I can get back to training and racing so I have to keep my eyes on the big picture (Ironman.) I’ll keep you posted on any updates I have!

1 Comments:

  • Well it's a relief that you caught it now, assuming it's something they can fix in just a few weeks. If it blows your WORS overall results, I suppose that's a small price to pay for being healthy in September.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6/30/2006 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home