The Waffle House Chronicles...

Monday, June 19, 2006

HHH in photos! Well, at least the last 5 miles. Jess found me with about 5 miles to go.

One last downhill and then up...And up... Lots of the 100k riders are walking at this point, but there was no way I wasn't riding...

Finally the finish, right before my finishing salute...

Besides a couple of bananas with peanut butter this is how I sustained...And this is how the post race fueling went down...

Jess and I pose for a photo at the top... Garett finished too so I chat with him to see how much his ride sucked!

The winner (from what I can tell) was actually a Cat 4. I heard him though before the race talking about how he was peaking to do well at this event (he is a former Ironman who is now a road racer) and it was implied that he was fully supported so he didn't have to stop. His wife was there taking photos as well and I think she runs a photo service. I remember racing him in the first practice crit of the season and he beat me in the sprint to take the win (I settled for second) and he was able to do the whole A race after that.

For once in my life I was (somewhat) glad I missed WORS. Sounds like it was a mud-fest and I even heard a rumor that the Experts had to run the non-technical Citizen lap. Not sure what happened to Kelson (NR) and it looks like Jerry didn't have his best race (judging by a couple of people beat him) but I haven't heard how it went down so who knows. Hertz didn't show but I hope his crit went well on Saturday. New Guy Ryan won his age group so I am guessing he is pretty pumped! Shiroma raced a week after his wedding for 2nd place, 1 place ahead of Joel who finished 3rd. Jen Jones also won the women's overall, seems to be her season! I hope I didn't miss anyone else. Oh yeah, Ryan from the Baraboo ride did awesome as well and Gabe (Chris) won the sport clydes overall so I am sure he is pumped as well and I am glad a real clyde took it! I am guessing my position would've been 6th at WORS (if I was a predictor.) I am not a mudder and the Top 5 all did well but then there was like a 9 minute gap to 6th place. Only 2-3 people will have results that will affect my overall. But right now I am not concerned overly with the overall, I probably won't do that well in the overall anyways so I am just shooting for some podiums.

Update- Greg Lemond wasn't listed in the results. Neither was Brent Dakin or Dan Nagle. The results are a little weird now, my position was adjusted to 29th but there are 3 positions that don't have anyone (1st, and like 13th & 24th or something have no one listed) so I don't know what the deal is. I am sure they are still cleaning them up. Regardless I am excited about my finish! Aquathon results are up as well. I was 45th out of 70 (30th out of 50 the first race)

Swim: 18:26, Transition: 2:05, 5k: 24:41, Total: 45:12. I'm 13th in points and after the last race I will fall alot more, probably to about 28th place as they take your best 4 (out of 5) and there are like 20 people behind me who've only done 1 of the 2 races so if most of them do the rest then I will fall! :)

6 Comments:

  • yeah, it was a bit muddy. the only reason i beat joel is that his wheels had so much mud that they stopped turning completely.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/19/2006 9:14 AM  

  • you're a stud mark. nice ride! i hear jess had a great "ride" on saturday too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/19/2006 6:13 PM  

  • Dude...Is it a race? The HHH is a ride. Most of the results are wrong because nobody did the correct course anyway.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/19/2006 9:49 PM  

  • Nice ride dude. I know that quite a few people did not bother picking up the chips because of the line. I was about 2 minutes late starting and there were at least 200 people still in line at that point.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/19/2006 10:06 PM  

  • I know my time is correct and I did the whole course plus an extra 3 miles, I assume everyone who finished ahead of me did the course and it doesn't matter who did what behind me. It is a timed event so people can compete.

    I was glad to find out that Jess' crank wasn't my fault when it loosened again last night. Not sure what to do next!

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 6/20/2006 6:27 AM  

  • I did the 100k in 4:30. Didn't have time because I didn't want to wait an hour for a timing chip! but I was there!!

    By Blogger Brent's Tour de France Picks!, at 6/21/2006 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home