The Waffle House Chronicles...

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Dodging tornadoes…

Tuesday I was in meetings all day and wasn’t sure I could make it home in time for the Baraboo ride. But finally I got out in time and decided instead of doing the crit, I would go up north for some hill road riding action. I heard the crits were fast and Hertz won the B race. That is awesome! Anyways, we head up north and the group was pretty small (8 riders) but still plenty fun. Anyways, the ride was pretty fun, some sprints, some climbs and a lot of pacelining. We got in over 50 and 2600 feet of climbing (with 3 major climbs.) The craziest part was that Jerry and I both had voicemails when we got back from our respective Jess’. Turns out there was a tornado warning in Baraboo and reports of some touchdowns. Well we had perfect riding weather the whole time. Turns out that had we rode the course we did two weeks ago we would have been right in the middle; the road we rode on then was struck. Anyways, after telling Jess everything was cool we ate supper and headed back. Awesome! I got back and was so happy! Jess had finished the cabinets in the kitchen and the kitchen looked immaculate! Thanks Jess!

Yesterday was more meetings and then playing catch-up. Always fun! Got home and did some work around the house and stuff and then went out to Blackhawk for the TT. We did a nice warm-up lap and then it was on. I started #6. I hauled ass at the start to try and keep #5 in sight (Jerry) but after about 2 minutes I didn’t see him anymore. I was happy that #7 hadn’t caught me yet though and I held him off pretty well until we got back to the top of the course and he flew by. I tried to hop on his wheel but pretty much blew the first corner when following him. The course from the top of the hill, back through the gully and across the street was terrible for me, I just am not very talented on that type of singletrack and it showed. The second lap was more of the same, fast on the first half and slow on the second half of the lap. I got passed by two more people and only got around one person. Not sure how I finished (don’t really care actually, I just go out to train and hang.) Got home and walked the dogs and had supper. I was cashed…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home