The Waffle House Chronicles...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Guh!

Forecast- Saturday, June 17th- High of 92 (which is the current record high) and low of 71. Humid with Isolated thunder storms, breezy
Itinerary- Saturday June 17th- 124.2 miles of hill climbing hell, 10,700 feet of climbing

I’ve been considering for days skipping the Horribly Hilly Hundreds to instead do the Kewaunee race. This was compounded with even more pressure not to do it when I found out there is a WCA crit at research park on Saturday. But I am banking on having better form next year even for crit and road racing and the HHH is great training for the Ironman and will show me the kind of pain I will have to endure on Sept 10th. So come 7am on Saturday I plan on being right in front for the start and come 4-5pm I plan to be pretty far in the rear for Horribly Hilly. Oh yeah, and the Kewaunee race usually kind of sucks and is 3-1/2 hours each way…

Forecast for tonight is thunderstorms…which means only one thing! Riding in Baraboo! We’ve either had rain or the threat of rain every Tuesday for 5 straight weeks now.

Tomorrow is some Blackhawk TT action, Hawaiian style. I don’t have any Hawaiian shirts or anything though so I’ll probably be pretty lame! If only I would’ve buried that pig…

Looking forward to the Aquathon and volleyball on Thursday! Yes, I can do both, for once the late game comes at a good time! I don’t think I can better my time from the last Aquathon (I won’t have J.Bro pushing me) but I am hoping to lower my swim time at least. That is if I can find someone to zip up my wetsuit!

2 Comments:

  • I tracked your site down thru the different WORS postings. I have a couple questions about training and racing, if you don't mind. I would be really helpful for someone like me who is just getting started.

    First, where do you do most of your training in the Madison area? We ride mostly in Middleton (Pheasant Branch and Hwy 12), but are looking for different areas. Just recently heard about Blackhawk, so will probably head over there.

    Second, how much time per week do you spend on the bike training? We are doing about 1 hour per day. As a side note, I rode my first WORS race (Citizen)in Wausau. First in age group, third overall. I am going to ride one more citizen race in Eau Claire, but then will consider moving up to Sport.

    Third, just wondering how you think I would do in Sport based on Cit. finish and training time, etc.

    BTW, great job in Wausau.

    Feel free to shoot me an email or whatever, rfuchsteiner@amsuper.com

    Thanks,
    -Rob

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/13/2006 12:27 PM  

  • Yes, I finished the book btw. :O)
    Maybe I will post something on my site...nah.

    By Blogger Hez, at 6/13/2006 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home