The Waffle House Chronicles...

Friday, June 16, 2006

I’m Bo Jackson beeotch!!!

In the last 24 hours I’ve rode my bike hard, swam and run in the Aquathon, played 3 games of volleyball and an hour of basketball. My coach thinks that is stupid…I’ll probably agree. Needless to say I need to schedule some rest time soon to recharge and call my doctor for some help with some lingering lung congestion. Just trying to figure out when to rest, we’ll see how I feel after the HHH.

Good luck to everyone going to Kewaunee. I’ll miss racing and being there but such is life.

Anyways, I did the Aquathon last night. It went really well. I think I swam about 500m before the start to get warmed up. From the siren and the beach run I entered the water about 3rd which didn’t last long. One thing I can’t get used to is the swim start and my breathing and the shock of working hard in cold water was taking a toll on me. It took me about 200m to feel comfortable and then I couldn’t be stopped. I swam straight and fast doing 800m of straight crawl stroke without a break. I was pretty proud. I exit the water after about 2/3 of the field but the clock read 18:29 or something so I was stoked, that was fast! I transition slowly but faster than last week and I think I hit the run course around 20 minutes. I love the running part of the Aquathon, so many rabbits so little distance. It takes me about .3 miles or so to get in my flow and then I start passing. I passed a good dozen people and was feeling good. I get to about ½ mile to go and two guys absolutely fly by me. The first one I kept pace with but when the second guy passed us, the first guy ran with him and I got dropped. But I was well ahead of this random girl I wanted to beat. I came in at 45:13 so my run was just a hair over 25 minutes. A couple handfuls of mini cookies later I had to leave to get home for volleyball. Not sure what place I got yet but I am guessing my placing was similar to last week which is awesome for me since all the people there are likely just getting into their peak triathlon form.

I got home and chilled for a half hour and then off to volleyball. We played well against a team that was pretty equal to us. We only took 1 of 3 but I think we made a lot of strides towards playing good team volleyball.

HHH on Saturday morning. Guh! Garett and I are heading over this evening to get signed in and eating some spaghetti.

Update: This morning I got up early and I just needed to play basketball. I went at about 75% and shot a lot of outside shots and played pretty decent.

No one’s found the Aquabug yet!

I can’t get photos to post on my blog from any computer anymore. Anyone have any ideas why


  • After eating about 10 pounds of whole wheat spaghetti and taking trash with the woman who won the Iron Man in Brazil about how you are going to win, I think you are going to rage tomorrow at the Horribly Hilly Hundreds. Let me know how your plan to lead the first phase goes. I will watch from the middle of the pack. -Garett

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/16/2006 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home