The Waffle House Chronicles...

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Life or something like it…

So Jess is off to Seattle and I get to live the bachelor life. First on my agenda is to eat some reheated pizza. Yesterday was fun. Went to the doctor and found out I have plantar faciliitis. I was basically told not to do anything stupid like go running or play basketball. Guh! Hopefully with ice, stretching and rest it will heal up. She gave me a brochure and well, I am surprised it took me to long to get plantar faciliitis. I guess running really is stupid. I did play basketball this morning and I have been resting it and it feels better each day…just not good. Later in the afternoon I took the dogs for a walk and then Jess and I ordered pizza and got caught up on some TV. My DVR was acting funky so that’ll will merit keeping an eye on. And my cell phone is about dead, no outbound calls unless I hit speed dial. And I only know the speed dial of three people. I’ve been eligible for a new phone for a few months now, so anyone with Cingular and some input on a cool phone, let me know. I did ride my mountain bike at Quarry Ridge yesterday. Rocked the smallest of the three sisters jumps with ease and had a good ride with no crashes and perfect mountain biking weather. Oh yeah, back to the doctor, she kept saying "older men need to" in reference to things I need to do (older men often need to eat better to keep cholesterol down, older men need to check for these things, etc.) Am I now part of older men? I can race masters class in cycling now, I have gray hairs, I am sore every morning, ...guh, I am older men. How soon before I have to go buy a 'vette?

So where did summer go? Really, where? I was trying to think to myself what I did this summer. And beyond our Colorado trip and a couple other moments (Belleville Bike Race, and a couple weekend things) I have no idea what I did with my time. I guess this was the summer of rest, friends and dogs. It’s been more than 3 months since we were in Colorado and it seems like 3 weeks. Of course my sole focus right now is to return to Colorado and climb 2-3 more mountains. I’m hooked. Quandary and maybe a Grey’s/Torreys double and I’d like to rock some more too and get back up to Evans (not on a bike this time.) Hopefully some epic Indiana mountain biking will hit the spot for me before we get snowed in.

Ok, that’s enough rambling for now, I should be able to find something better to do than type, even with Jess being gone.

2 Comments:

  • It's not that you're old, it's that running is stupid. In fact, your refusal to listen to the advice of your elders regarding the stupidity of running suggest that you are still young (or at least still immature).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/24/2007 3:48 PM  

  • Make sure it's a 79 stingray, preferably white, 'cause those are hot!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/25/2007 4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home