The Waffle House Chronicles...

Monday, October 22, 2007

Every Dog has his (bad) day...

Well Chili’s mouth thing wasn’t as simple as we thought. I just assumed they’d yank 10 teeth and that would be it and he’d be himself again soon. Well, that wasn’t the case. It’s more like oral surgery as they have to cut open the gum, extract the tooth and sew it back up, he’s got 5 large areas stitched up. No action for Chili for two weeks. So my bachelor life got a lot more bachelor as my main bark-park buddy can’t even go so I even get to not hang out with my boxer friends. Oh yeah, this whole thing wasn’t cheap, we could’ve got 2-3 new boxers for what is cost to fix the one we have. And the vet wanted Chili to stay longer to recover from anesthesia and we went and ran some errands and to add to the great Friday night my car died. Somehow by fiddling with some wires I got it to start (after about 5 minutes) so who knows what happened, but I expect an even more untimely death on the horizon. We go to Indiana soon so I’ll predict then (either the morning we leave or the morning we drive back.) So I wish I could steal some credit for this cool costume, but Stryker will have the best boxer halloween costume this year...

I wonder what the Riz is doing right now?
Late Friday night my parents, the Beav and his GF Ali came to town. We just hung out Friday night. Saturday we got up and headed down to the Badgers game. We hit a house party near the stadium (yes, my parents are cool enough to get us into pregame tailgates with free drinks) and played some beer pong. Hopefully Mom can share some photos with me so I can share them with you! The game was fun, somehow my dad got Northern Illinois tickets so we were in the NIU section. And their fans made a somewhat boring game really interesting. Post game consisted of shopping, dining (Abuelos rocks) and games. It was a fun day! Sunday morning we had breakfast with Jess and my parents and then they left. Jess and I decided it would be a good day for the corn maze. We dominated the corn maze. We then headed to Wollersheim Winery and did some wine tasting.We bought some cheese and pretzels and a bottle of wine and sat outside in the vineyard area and just chilled. Got home in time to catch the end of the early football games. Did a whole bunch of nothing that afternoon and then went out to supper with Jess’ parents and then just kind of visited with them for a couple hours before coming home and sleeping. Now it’s Monday!

Got this link or some derivative 3 times in an hour or so today. Gotta represent!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Waffle house rules. Kid Rock is lookin' pretty homeless now a day's

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/23/2007 5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home