The Waffle House Chronicles...

Thursday, September 20, 2007

So it begins...

Today was day one of my new cubical. That’s right, I went ahead and built a new cubical by adding some walls to the desk I was supposed to sit at. People seem to like it, only a couple people have been annoyed with it but they can deal. Other than that, it’s really boring over here. The person I expected to entertain me said nothing except asking if I could turn my stereo down. Seeing beltline traffic go back and forth in the background of my screen is a new experience. So you know what sucks? I can’t get radio reception here, Not XM, Not AM, Not FM. So my 5 hours of sports talk in the morning seems to be gone. I’ll look for some better antenna solutions when I get a chance, and a new stereo as mine takes up half my desk…and the CD skips about every time I move. As far as working with my wife and boss, so far so good. I think my boss is adjusting as well so it’ll take time. Jess has been great about the whole thing so far so hopefully that will continue.

In other news…well there isn’t really other news. This week has been dominated by the move. I have went running the past three mornings and have lifted enough to where I can do it every other day. Probably on an MWF schedule for lifting and maybe taking every third Friday off to heal up completely. My base running training has went well though, better than I expected, so life is good in that respect. I even rode my bike yesterday! Dog class was good again last night, Chili just turns it up on Wednesday Nights...it's really nice! We start bowling league this Friday. Not sure about that yet, but if the Mundys enjoyed it last year then I am sure we’ll enjoy it with them this year…at minimum we’ll have good company. Lots of sports on TV this weekend with the Brewers, Badgers and Packers all getting HD games. Thanks for reading!

2 Comments:

  • Bowling???? What are you, a middle aged white dude from wisconsin or something?

    Oh... yeahh, that's right..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/20/2007 8:36 AM  

  • These are free weights you're lifting, right? You're not wrecking your joints with cable machines? And squats and deadlifts are your primary lifts? I'm just lookin' out for you. I wasted lots of years not gaining any strength on the machines and then had a ton of progress within a couple months of learning how good it is to use freeweights.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9/21/2007 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home