The Waffle House Chronicles...

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

2008 Ironman

So my last blog post left off at the end of the weekend. I decided I needed to start working out regularly again. I’ve pondered how to do this. I really enjoyed swimming last week, but swimming in a pool isn’t nearly as fun. I haven’t run since last fall and I haven’t lifted weights in almost two years. Cycling in the fall is all about the weather. Well after thinking about this a lot, I decided, at least for the time being, to try and start running and then do some upper-body weight work. So Monday I rocked a 5k on the treadmill. It went so much better than I thought. After that I did a nice upper body workout and it felt really good. Then this morning I ran 5 more miles on the treadmill and it shouldn’t take too long before I am back to where I was last year, and hopefully I can build upon it. And don’t worry cycling fans, I’ll still be riding bikes. I love riding on nice fall days and I hope to get some crisp morning rides in along with some nice mountain biking mixed in. So hopefully I can get that going as Fitchburg has two nice 10k races in the fall so maybe a nice three month running season. Mainly, I just want to keep the weight down for the winter and it’s always nice to have the incentive.

First on my list is this.

Not much else going on here. I didn’t sign up for the 2008 Ironman. I toyed with it for a moment but I just couldn’t fathom training for it again. Ultimately I’d like to do better than last year if I did do it again and I couldn’t commit myself to training that hard for the next year. My decision was a good one, as now it is Wednesday and I am glad I didn’t sign up. It’s easy to get caught up in the moment and just sign up. Plus I couldn’t assure super-fan Kelson would be around to cheer me around the course! I know of two people who did sign up and I am waiting for the list to be posted so I can peruse it for random others. I can’t wait to rock my Hungry Like The Wolfgram Ironman T-shirt for next year.

5 Comments:

  • You scared the shit out of me. I thought you had signed up again. I don't know why that's scary, but it is.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/12/2007 9:51 PM  

  • Everything falls apart when Kelson isn't around

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/13/2007 10:23 AM  

  • Are you making several shirts or do we each have to make our own?

    By Blogger Hez, at 9/13/2007 12:18 PM  

  • Yes, where can these tees be purchased? :) I told Mike I would be running the course with a boombox playing 'Eye of the Tiger'.

    - Cheri

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/13/2007 4:53 PM  

  • Once the Hungry Like the Wolfgram training blog goes live we will provide a link to get these shirts. We will need a unique color as way too many fans wore red shirts this year.

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 9/13/2007 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home