The Waffle House Chronicles...

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I'm in the club...it's goin' down...

Thursday- Woke up early and went down to the Terrace for some swimming action. Yep, first swim since Ironman Wisconsin last year. 49 minutes for a lap and the finish, which wasn't that great, but ok for not training at all.


Got to work late, got some new, new brakes for my car. After work, Jess and I went to the mall (it's goin' down) and bought some stuff. Got some new trunks for our upcoming cruise for $1.97. Hot! We also went to Olive Garden for the neverending pasta bowl. Got home in time to watch the Colts dominate!


Friday- Just another work day. Got home and chilled and then left to go to the bachelor party of my friend, Brent the Tank. We ate some supper at the Great Dane, good times! Then we headed to the club (it's goin' down) called the Come Back Inn. Hung out and shared some good stories and stayed out pretty late. Good luck Brent!


Saturday- Got too little sleep and went to play basketball. Basketball went really well, I don't think I lost a single game. It was a blast! Left basketball and headed down to the Terrace for some more swim action. I dominated, keeping on Wolf's most of the time and my lap time was around 40-42 minutes which is about last year's race pace for me. I guess perfect conditions and one swim really do help! Met up with Jess as we dominated downtown. Oh yes, dominated! We did the farmer's market and the Ironman festival then went up and down state, down to the union twice, to Charley's steakery and Jess even hit up the contravercial new Taco Bell/KFC combo. It's not as bad as I thought as now they have plasma TVs and it's bigger. But I couldn't imagine getting Taco Bell there as it smelled liked chicken everywhere. Oh yeah, I found something I'll have to buy at Urban Outfitters, maybe for the cruise.The Tetris cube, not the Snoopy sno-cone machine, Hez! I even saw some racing sausages, meaning in the past month I've ran into them at 3 random places now!


Saturday after that we (Jess) stained the deck while I mowed the lawn and walked the dogs and cleaned up in the house. We also ate some Papa Johns and did a puzzle and watched sports, a relaxing night.


Sunday- Got up early to watch the Ironman swim. Watched it. Watched the beginning of the bike by this big bump where people would lose their water bottles and stuff. It was insane. I drank that red Gatorade laying there and even got to eat a dropped banana and 3 dropped fig newtons so it was a nice breakfast! We then headed out to mid-town to watch the race some more. Hit the in-laws for some Packers action and some lunch. Went back to the action though, now down on State St where we walked up and down following some friends.
Go Rybarik! Go Koebs!
And then Rybarik finished and Koebs was on his way to finishing so we came home to go to bed...a long weekend but full of fun!!!


This week, Chili starts obedience class. It's also 45F out right now, insane!!! Not much else going on here! Hope you enjoyed the photos!

3 Comments:

  • I can't believe you stole those poor ironmanners food. you bastard. i also can't believe that chili need obedience classes. are you sure? chili?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/12/2007 12:04 AM  

  • The Snoopy Sno Cone maker reminds me of Drew Barrymore.

    What is a Tetris Cube anyhoo?

    By Blogger Hez, at 9/12/2007 12:45 PM  

  • That bottle was probably peed on by some dude that didn't want to spend 30 seconds of his 16 hour day getting off the bike.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9/12/2007 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home