The Waffle House Chronicles...

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Give me fuel, give me fire give me that which I desire...

Not much to blog about. It’s not that my life has been overly boring lately, quite the opposite, but a lot of what I’ve been up to doesn’t blog too well. People don’t tune in to check out how I beat a level of Lego Star Wars 2 or how I bought some baseball cards. Quality family time doesn’t even translate to blogging unless something crazy happens…and it hasn’t. Blogging about rain is boring as is blogging about the Brewers continual losing. So there you go.

There was a perilous moment this weekend. I go to the grocery on Saturday morning with my mom. I see a display for Mountain Dew but something was wrong. In Code Red’s place was something called Game Fuel. It looked kind of like Code Red but something appeared to be unnormal. Sure enough I get the new Game Fuel home and my brothers and I all try it at once. We all grimace (in a bad way) upon the first taste. It was some weird sour orange popsicle tasting off-red crap. It’s the third worst Mountain Dew I’ve ever tasted (only better than Baja Blast and Pitch Black II.) We went to two other stores that weekend and none had Code Red. I was worried and upset. Finally back in Madison I found a display that displayed both of them so hopefully this Game Fuel crap will just go away. Oh yeah, blogs are supposed to be opinionated about social issues so here is the social impact of Game Fuel. It’s a promotion for Halo 3, the video game. The premise is that this Dew has double the caffeine of other Dews so you can stay up and have more energy to play more video games. And we wonder why we have an obesity epidemic, it’s in my opinion that it’s not McDonalds fault. A Happy Meal once a week as a 6year old is much better for you than the lifestyle of mountain dew and video games that is commonly developed as a teenager. If you want to blame someone, blame Microsoft. I did pick up an extra 12er of Code Red though...just in case.

4 Comments:

  • Agreed on the Micky D's. As children we would frequently stop for some quarter pounder with cheese meals or some fillet o fish sandwiches on the way back from a mountain bike ride. It's good cheap feul!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/22/2007 5:40 AM  

  • Good call on picking up the extra Code Red. Still, even after reading your review of the new Dew, I've got to try it for myself.

    And nothing ever exciting happens in my blog, but sometimes I blog anyway.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/22/2007 6:54 AM  

  • i kind of have the same problem. i used to drink one thing, but now it's gone, so i have to find another thing.

    except that i have to choose between several variations of the nectar of the gods. you have to choose between some nasty-ass crap and some other nasty-ass crap.

    but seriously, how can it even be called "mountain dew" anymore? what does "code red" or "game fuel" have to do with mountain dew? and what happened to all those mountain dew commercials with the hot hippie chicks? and you think soda-sponsored video games are a sign of the apocalypse? i'm more worried about the terrible decline in this nation's population of hot hippie chicks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/22/2007 11:55 AM  

  • The problem is that soda companies want to go on name recoginition. What was the last new soft drink from Coke or Pepsi that had a completely new name?

    This is especially prominent in cereals. A new cereal is either (a) a new variety of an existing cereal (sometimes having very little to do with the existing cereal such as chocolate peanut-butter pops), (b) a cereal based on some other brand-name food (for instance, there is a new Honey Maid graham cracker based cereal - which I don't recommend), or (c) a special edition cereal based on a current TV or child's TV show.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/22/2007 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home