The Waffle House Chronicles...

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Same old, same old...

What do you blog about when it’s the same old, same old? I mean, every day is basically the same. Work. Housework. Dog park. Watching Brewers lose. Every once in a while there is a new wrinkle (the Brewers win, PS2, etc) but mostly it’s the same. Just holding out until fall when I want to start mountain biking again and when football is on. Actually last week was pretty busy.

Monday: Went mountain biking at lunch, Quarry Ridge is getting seriously dialed.
Tuesday: The Beav was in town. We went out to supper at Abuelos (best Mexican food in Madison in my opinion). It was good to see my little bro
Wednesday: Went mountain biking after work and then to volleyball. We won 2 of 3. Riz thinks we should have won three, I disagree, we probably should always win 0 so when we win 2 it’s a bonus. Plus the court is lopsided so we play well on one side and poorly on the other. Riz has been good at winning the coin toss lately so we’ve done well. This Wednesday is a late game so…guh!
Thursday: Jerry came to town and I picked him up at the airport. Stayed up until almost 1am catching up. It was a good time.
Friday: Paid for staying up late the night before. Did get up and play basketball and did have the best beverage in the world (McDonalds iced hazelnut coffee.) Jess’ sister was in town as well so we went over to the in-laws house and had some grill out action.
Saturday: See below for my Saturday morning. That afternoon it was back to the in-laws for lunch and to see the extended family. They are a ton of fun! Got home and relaxed for an hour before we met the Mundys at La Hacienda for supper. Good eats and then some games and playing with Dari (the boxer puppy) before getting home. Jerry called too and wanted to crash Saturday night as he had a rough race. Um yeah, 100 miles in almost 100F temps with almost 100% humidity. At least he beat 100% of the riders giving the old ‘hood some serious hardware for the weekend.
Sunday: Jerry was still here and was pretty cashed. Jess and I went out to brunch with the in-laws and then we just kind of hung out the rest of the day. Krayer stopped over so that was cool. Took Jerry to the airport and then went back to the in-laws to see them for a 4th time in a weekend. It was a good time! We went to the dog park and were there well after dark. Fun!
Monday: A typical day. Worked. Rode at lunch. Got home and did some laundry and ate supper while watching Seinfeld. Went to the dog park. Played PS2, surfed the net and went to bed. Got awoken in the middle of the night to thunderstorming.
Tuesday: Went to work. Went to Super Target. Went to Dog Park. Made supper and played PS2. And now here I am blogging. Oh well! Hopefully the Brewers can win tonight!


Post a Comment

<< Home