The Waffle House Chronicles...

Monday, May 08, 2006

Wors opener…

Well this weekend was the Wors opener in (near) Iola. Friday I took it easy. We both had rough work weeks so Jess was not feeling good after work. She fell asleep and I just let her sleep and played video games. I am playing a game called Pandora’s Box, it is an awesome puzzle game and I can’t get enough...one of the best games I ever played. After an hour or so of that I had some serious cabin fever so I had to get some air. I went and mowed the lawn, swept the drive way and pulled some weeds. I came inside and Jess was awake but not feeling great. I made some random frozen pizza in our freezer (I don’t know the brand or where it came from, I assumed it was a Tombstone but it wasn’t) and made it. Two bites later I got pissed because it totally sucked. Jess said, lets go to Olive Garden (which we were going to do before Jess felt ill) so a little late night Olive Garden.

Saturday morning it was like 34 degrees when I woke up (and 45 in the computer room as the window was left open over night.) Anyways, Jess and I were supposed to get up to go to Farmers Market. Well I know better than to wake Jess up early for the sole reason to go out in the cold so I sat around and played Pandora’s Box and read some of a book. Oh yeah, on Thursday Jess bought me a book called “Why My Wife Thinks I Am An Idiot.” I wonder if she is trying to tell me something…and we aren’t even married yet! Actually it is a book I’ve wanted to read, an autobiography from Mike Greenberg and it is really good, and she was kind enough to buy it for me! She woke up just after 9 and it was getting warmer. The Farmers Market was fun! Good eats and lots of people. If only our garden areas were close enough to merit planting. Anyways a loaf of spicy cheese bread hit the spot! Came home and moved most of the rest of my stuff out of Russ’ house. Riz if you are reading you have two days to get out some sweet stuff man! Then we took the dogs to the dog park and met Stephen, Emily and Chloe. The dog park was non-stop hilarity. Basically, lots of dogs, lots of mud and everyone having a good time and we even ran into another co-worker (Trish with her dog Pimpen, actually Pippen.) Anyways, after that we chilled at home. Not sure what I did that afternoon besides get my bike stuff ready. That night we ate spaghetti and continued to do very little. Ready for Sunday…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home