The Waffle House Chronicles...

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Battle of the Dead Blog Superstars!!!

Who’s going to win? Time-wise it is Gasner, Not meeting expectations-wise it is Hez, Lack of recent quality posts is Tank, Lack of recent love is the Riz. Here's to hoping for new posts and some love sent this way! Minimal posts and no comments in the past month makes me sad...

Not much else is going on here. Got in about 30 miles last night, only getting rained on once and avoiding the deluge that ensued 15 minutes after getting home. Tonight is the first practice crit, not sure what my riding will be like though.

Looks like I won’t be doing Madison Marathon after all. I’ve toned down my running schedule so I could become a better cyclist. My cycling form is great and is my bread and butter so I have to give a full cycling effort right now. After figuring out what Ironman training plan works best for me, I’ve decided to limit my running and to focus more on cycling and swimming. I’ve heard there isn’t that much running to be done in the Ironman anyways and to save my knees from running to avoid injury. Ha! Someone told me that in October but it took until now (I mean mid-April) to believe it, and I believe it mostly because I no longer enjoy running! But I did need that time to learn how to run, now I can run, in November I couldn’t. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still run, just not as much. Plus big picture…If I do well in WORS and it costs me a half-hour in the Ironman but I still finish, I’d be happier than devoting a whole summer to Ironman and being a bit faster. Under 17 hours…that is the goal, not under 16 hours, not under 14 hours, anything under 17 hours = Ironman. 2 swim + 7 bike leaves 8 for the run, finish by midnight, Taco Bell Drive Thru open until 1am on Sundays, everyone wins! Of course I’d like to do better, but the #1 goal is to finish! Packers play at 3:15 that day…it’d be cool to be running around then so I can listen to it on my headphones and tick the miles off!

Haven’t heard from a lot of you in a while…don’t be blog voyeurs, be blog participants! Seems like a lot of people (mainly everyone but Jerry and Brozek) has lost that lovin’ feeling. Iola is Sunday and everyone is excited! Hope all is well with everyone and that I hear from you soon.

4 Comments:

  • So I have been a bad blogger but really there is not much for me to blog about lately. I guess I could tell the brief yellow bus story. Did Jess do crazy legs?

    By Blogger Hez, at 5/02/2006 10:09 PM  

  • Jess was a healthy scratch for the Crazy Legs...I think it was all a bit too "crazy" for her...

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 5/03/2006 7:00 AM  

  • I was kinda of expecting you to do the crazy legs as it's a Madison thing, but after I read that you're Fitchburgian post, didnt' expect it as much. To be fair I only check blogs in the morning at work, so I didn't see this until Wednesday morning

    By Blogger el_riz, at 5/03/2006 7:27 AM  

  • If you want to keep yourself honest with running & swimming, you should do the Fleet Feet Thursday-night aquathon series. It's a 1000m/5k race one night a month from May through September, and they keep series scoring (with prizes at the end!). I think it's $40 to register for the series. If you do that and a 10-12 mile run every week, that's pretty good maintenance.

    I'm going to do the Thursday TTs every week that there isn't an aquathon, which will give me at least one day a week of big, hard, fast effort. Or I could do the practice crits and Sunday races too, and be an animal by the end of the season.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5/03/2006 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home