The Waffle House Chronicles...

Monday, February 27, 2006

It appears I am on some sort of Monday/Wednesday/Friday posting schedule. I was going to post yesterday but got really busy. Anyways, I know everyone is wondering how I spent my weekend, so here goes:

Friday: Went to the Ultra Screen and watch Running Scared. It was insane and totally not something I’d normally watch. That being said, I loved it! And Jess did too (despite turning her head countless times.) This was a pretty graphic movie that was very twisted and intense. Check it out on the Ultra this week if you get a chance. Grabbed some Pizza Hut on the way home and just chilled.

Saturday: I got up to play basketball. I brought a lot of gear with actually, I was going to do an easy run and then a nice swim after. Well, running was my whore on Saturday and after a couple hours of basketball my 5 mile treadmill workout turned into 7 and then turned into 10. I ran 10 miles in 86 minutes so that was pretty good! Then I was really sweaty. I decided to go and swim too, just a quick 1000. Took me about 25-30 minutes (two 500’s with a 5 minute break) and that was nice and refreshing. So that was a good 4 hour workout. I then went to Russ’ as he was in town for a bit. We hung out and now Jess is going to try and sell his house (more info to follow.) Jess had to go but I went out to lunch with Russ, his parents & Angie. We went to Red Robin which tested my no potato month…but I got nachos! After I got back I was beat. I tried to sleep but Can’t Hardly Wait was on TV and I kept staying awake to watch it. After that we had to go to the Dodgeball tourney. I was regretting going as soon as we saw the set-up. We could only play 6 players instead of the normal 8 (so we had 2 subs.) We played in a racquetball court. It was ugly. Our first three games (in which I played 2) were done in about 4 minutes 0-3. I threw one ball. We then had a 1:50 wait. Guh! We were able to play a little basketball during that wait. The next game went better, we won 2 of 3 and they changed the rules a bit so you had to be a bit farther back when you threw. After game 2 I was even able to get in a core workout for about 25 minutes. We then played 2 more pretty quick (1-2, 2-1.) It was an ok time but we are a more strategic team and there is minimal strategy in a racquetball court. A quick stop to Taco Bell on the way home was in order…and then some sleep!

Sunday: I slept in until 7:45, read the paper, and then got to the Y at 9 for a quick 5 mile recovery run. I figured then I would have all Sunday to get some work done. Vale called me when I was leaving at the Y and invited me to the Badger/Gopher basketball game. Just couldn’t pass that up. A little hot tub and some leftover pizza and I was to the Badger game. I brought Jess with so she could work on some pottery. The Badgers won and the game was awesome, thanks Vale! I got home to watch a little Nascar and do some laundry, only to get back in the car to head to Laredos for dinner with Jess’ parents. Yummy! Then back home to see the end of the race and some Simpsons, finishing up some laundry and bam! End of the weekend!

Oh yeah, while doing laundry I tripped on something on the stairs, took a big digger and rolled my ankle. It is still sore this morning but nothing I can’t handle…just wasn’t fun!

I’ve decided to get a Mini DV camcorder. After all is said and done, that is the best way to go. I am also hoping to redo my hard-drive on my computer. My computer is seriously messed up and slow as ass…needs a big-time change. So I am hoping to back a bunch of crap up this week and maybe do the whole hard-drive thing this weekend. Wish me luck!

Not much else is up. Last pottery class is tomorrow. Two more basketball games, 3 more puppy classes. Training is in full force as I hope to swim 2-3 times a week for cross training and up the cycling, all at the expense of basketball and free time. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

2 Comments:

  • Hey did you check the out the DVD yet?
    Camcorder by the way is a Sony DVR-TVR70. It's a year or two old now but still works like a champ!!!

    Hertz!!
    I'm so pumped to be back in action for this year!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2006 9:52 PM  

  • Wow, you sound busy. Do you an Jess even see each other any more?

    Sounds like Jessi and I watch movies the same way. I am usually forced to see something I don't want to and then end up really liking it. My best example - Signs.

    How are you going to fit in volleyball on Wednesdays? (Ok it might not be on Wednesdays but that it the night I am shooting for).

    I wonder what Riz is doing now?

    By Blogger Hez, at 2/27/2006 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home