The Waffle House Chronicles...

Monday, February 20, 2006

No prizes yet! See below post.

Another weekend has passed. Another good time was had. Another work week is kicking off. I can’t wait for Friday already!

Anyways, Friday was fun! Eight Below was actually a really good movie. A lot of people cried during some of the sad parts. I can only hope this Friday’s Running Scared will be as good if not better. Didn’t do much after that, watched some Olympics and all that. Saturday I woke up and evidently Jess didn’t put Chili is his kennel on Saturday. He also must not like cold weather as I woke up and right by the doggy door on the inside was a pile surrounded by a puddle. Oh well, it was like 16 below when I woke up so I don’t blame him. 2 hours of basketball, a fast 5 miles on the treadmill, and a killer new core workout all took place at the Y. I still feel the effects of the core workout so it must be working! Got some groceries and settled in to watch some Busch racing and the Michigan B-Ball game. The Busch race didn’t disappoint unlike the Michigan basketball game. Guh! Don’t know how you can shoot 52% from the field and get smoked! Saturday night was the big party at Shelley’s! OK, it wasn’t big but lots of food and more Olympics and hanging out with co-workers and such was a lot of fun!

Sunday I woke up and read the paper. The digital camera Jess wanted was on clearance. I went to the Y to run but it was absolutely packed! Doesn’t anyone go to church anymore? I skipped the Y and went shopping. Jess debated on getting the camera (she did) and I bought 3 PS2 games. Get up on Da Mic was $14 at Circuit City with the microphone included. It is a hip hop karaoke game. It ended up being only $11 at the register so that’s cool! Also bought Midway Arcade Treasures. It has Marble Madness, Toobin’ & Paperboy. Toobin is one of the best games ever. Marble Madness I suck at but hope to get better. Paperboy is the best game on a bicycle (lots better that Cannondale Cup or California Games and slightly better than Downhill Domination.) The third game is a true treat, Ape Escape 3. Jess actually bought it for me as a belated Valentine’s Day gift. I haven’t started any of the games yet though because once we got home it was all Daytona! I logged a good 5 couch hours. Tony Stewart, who I occasionally respected is an ass. Jimmie won. Not really a banner day for racing, that’s for sure. Seeing Mears and Newman do well is always nice! Went to Sai Ba Tong for my first ever Thai experience. Wasn’t too bad, not however jumping to go back there right away though!

Anyone watch biathlon on TV? That sport is insane! So is 125M ski jumping! Tonight will be busy with puppy class, Chainsmoker meeting and city league basketball game (not to mention finding time to run 5 miles and get to Walgreens) and tomorrow I have pottery class and Thursday we have a company outing to go bowling. Crazy busy! Oh well such is life!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

5 Comments:

  • I might have missed what started the whole Kenseth/Stewart fiasco, but I think they both got as good as they gave. Tony Stewart is a bully, funny in commercials, but a thug on the racetrack. I respect him, and would certainly think twice before retaliating. I'm almost positive Stewart started that altercation, but I thought it added some good tension and plot to the race. I thought it was funny on a madison radio station, they made it sound like Tony was the only one in the wrong. It takes two to tango my good sir!

    By Blogger el_riz, at 2/20/2006 3:32 PM  

  • Didn't so much look like a tango. It would be if I were to get in a fight with Russ. I'd hit him once and he would fall down. Wasn't so much a dance as it was a beating.

    Tony is a priss who acts righteous when winning but is a bad sport when things don't go his way.

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 2/20/2006 4:03 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger el_riz, at 2/21/2006 10:35 AM  

  • The link didn't work out right, so I'm trying it again:

    link

    But even if it doesn't work:

    The Skulls 4tw!

    By Blogger el_riz, at 2/21/2006 10:42 AM  

  • Sorry Riz...see below post comments...Jess got it and chose one of your Budweiser Selects! :)Actually she chose one of her Strongbow ciders so you are still in luck!

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 2/21/2006 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home