The Waffle House Chronicles...

Monday, February 13, 2006

Well another weekend has passed way too quickly but it was a good time nonetheless. First of all, the training stats for the weekend:
Friday: 1hr of basketball, 5 mile run
Saturday: 1:45 of basketball, 12.5 mile run, hit a third of an XL bucket of golf balls
Sunday: 1hr trainer ride, 5 mile run, core workout (ride/run brick as triathletes call them)

I finally ran a long distance run and I realize that I was pretty good at it (and the songs on my MP3 player get old fast.) Should be on track if I decide to try Madison marathon and if not my Ironman running training is off to a great start. The next couple months will be a base period for cycling, building towards peak for running and the reintroduction of swimming into my workouts. Sounds fun huh? All for one race (except the cycling parts.)

Anyways, I am about more than training so lets talk about the rest of the weekend. Friday night was nice and lazy, a trip to Star to watch Curious George and then back home to watch the Pacific Cycle Team DVD, some Ron White and a couple episodes of Growing Pains (including the original pilot that had some random girl playing Carol in place of Tracey Gold. Crazy! Saturday after workouts we did some speed house cleaning then picked my car up at the Y, a little Taco Bell and then my parents (and the Beav) came. We hung out, watched some Olympics and Badgers hockey and hoops and went to the golf dome. We then went to Pizza Oven and then back home and played some games. Sunday we went to brunch where the Larsons met the Smulkas which was a great success, to Sam’s Club and then the Larsons left. After doing a couple hours of workouts, hitting the hot tub, doing some core workouts I then watched some Nascar before going out to eat (Dotty’s) with the Smulkas. Dotty’s is highly recommended…if only their prices were cheaper… And there goes the weekend, such is life. 40 more work hours and it will be the weekend again! Yippee!!!! Back to back Paul Walker movie weekends, back to back fun social events, lots of training and basketball planned, Daytona 500! Should be a good couple of weekends! I wonder what Shiroma is doing right now?

2 Comments:

  • I hate the way your blog is designed. Needs a rapid armadillo biting a little boy or something.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2006 11:14 AM  

  • shiroma is filling out his chequamegon fat tire race entry form right now. you should do that too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2006 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home