The Waffle House Chronicles...

Friday, January 27, 2006

It’s Friday! Weekend is like 74 minutes away which will probably be like 53 by the time I post this. Big hockey game tonight, Badgers vs Gophers, and we will be there! Add in some post-work hot tubbing and pre-game cheesesteaks and a great evening is born! After a little basketball tomorrow morning it looks like the ride that was supposed to happen last week will go this week. Hopefully I will lose that slacker label come tomorrow…probably not, unless it is replaced by wheel sucker! Yeah, wheel sucker! I am by far the worst rider of the group so I’ll have to suck wheel! At least Garett is there…he rivals my size! Badgers at Michigan basketball game Saturday afternoon, always my favorite game to watch every year!

Like a Geico ad I am saving some green on car insurance, $350 or so a year actually. I could keep the same policy at $250 less or just downgrade the deductibles a tad and save another $100. So that’s like an Ipod right there! :) Speaking of Ipods my wish list is down to about 3. I want a track bike, I-Pod (not sure which one, 4gb nano or 30gb video) and a wet suit. I have no order for getting these, I just know I need the wet suit by summer. I am sure there are other things I want...but those are the big 3.

I rode my bike at lunch today. I got in 16-17 miles. The first 7 were into a massive headwind. The way back was awesome for a while but then once I got on the Military Ridge trail I didn’t feel the tailwind as much. Must’ve been all the standing water and snow patches. Anyways, I found a new way through the ghetto today too, I had to ride over a lot of glass on my way out and none on the way back. It also let me finish in under an hour and probably dropped my upper 16 mile ride to the lower 16s. Anyways, I was perfectly dressed for the ride which is rare for me in below 65 degree weather!

Ever crave crackers with cheese spread?

3 Comments:

  • yes I do crave crackers and cheese spread.
    the American Heart Assn recomends Americans eat 10% of their body weight a day in cheese.

    By Blogger Brent's Tour de France Picks!, at 1/27/2006 3:21 PM  

  • Wait for the Schwinn Madison and EP it - I think there'll be a fleet of like a dozen of us riding them.

    You didn't ask for it, but here's my Ipod advice - unless you're only going to use it for working out, get the 30gb. You'll fill 4gb before you know it - hell, I could bring you six CDs of mp3s and put you over 4gb.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1/27/2006 7:35 PM  

  • Slacker. It only rained a little bit. You could see fairly clearly most of the time, and we only had to stop once to wring out our clothes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/28/2006 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home