The Waffle House Chronicles...

Thursday, January 12, 2006

So it finally happened. I do a lot of running and riding on the bike path between Pacific and the Fieldhouse. In many spots the bike path is elevated and when dark you can see into people’s houses. I’ve assumed at some point I would see someone at an inappropriate time. This morning while running is when it happened, nudity from the bike path. Unfortunately it was an overweight nekked dude. Guh! Not cool! I figured most people would have appropriate window coverings for their houses, but they clearly have no window covering for an upstairs bathroom. I was running an out and back so 10-12 minutes later I would run by again, this time the window was so foggy from the apparent shower that took place, leading me to believe that instead of window coverings they just jump in the shower asap and let the fog take over.

Anyways wedding planning is in full swing! We have many ideas but I don’t want to spoil them for those who are lucky enough to get invited! It should be an outstanding time! Shiroma proposed the 80’s wedding…which would be pretty cool so we’ll look into that. We could be white trash and do a Packer wedding where everyone wears something Packer and Jess and I can bust out some matching Favre jerseys…or not! We’ll get it figured out soon!

So I’ve gained 8 pounds this winter. Which would have been dangerously more if I hadn’t fought food poisoning for 5 days in mid-December. Unfortunately 8lbs extra pounds doesn’t look that good on me (it goes all to the stomach) so I am looking for creative ideas that don’t suck. Actually I know what I need to do…I just have to do it. No worries though, when spring and summer bring 5 hour training days and I am too tired to eat it should balance out (it always has before!) I did run 7.2 miles yesterday and another 5 this morning. I am creating my schedule for 2006 right now as well and Jay is creating our team website. I have a lot of work to do to get the team going in 2006, that’s for sure! People tell me it is important to have a training plan to be an Ironman so I am looking into that as well as incorporating my own little twists on training.

Anyways, on to the fun times! Last night Shiroma, Riz, Jess and I went to visit Jake and Laura (and Isabela) in Beaver Dam. There was rumored to be a The Rick sighting as well which was confirmed when we passed him in Sun Prairie on the way. Funny, Rick was at their house a couple months ago, we passed him 25 minutes from their house yet he got there a good 25-30 minutes after us. He got lost… Back to the evening, it’s been a rough couple of weeks for Jake and Laura so I am hoping we were a pleasant diversion from life’s reality. Going to their place is always a good time! Seeing all the changes to their home is a blast and borderline amazing! Their house is so cool! We hung out and conversed over beers and then went to Dos Gringos Mexican restaurant (which means two gringos.) They have the crappiest salsa I’ve ever tasted, hands down, so bad I couldn’t eat it. Everything else there was great, they took me 4 item combo plate and melted a bunch of cheese (queso) on it…outstanding! Afterwards the stop at the legendary Cheese House was in vain…it was closed. I figured as much so my dreams of even more cheese and milk shakes was dashed…which means another visit! Oh yeah, and we are going to go to some place in Horicon who makes custom brats. I guess you can get a cheese and bacon stuffed brat there (awesome)…but I now dream of mexibrats which they might or might not be able to make. It was a fun time and hopefully we will be back soon! Also note in this photo who Isabela is looking at! :)

3 Comments:

  • Do I know Jake and Laura? Bacon and cheese brats! That sounds so good.

    My grandpa always takes pictures of his food. What do the other people in the restaraunte think when you do this?

    By Blogger Hez, at 1/12/2006 12:45 PM  

  • You do not know Jake and Laura...you did invite them to a party last week but they couldn't make it. They are high school and college friends of mine who've been married forever pretty much.

    Most people say nothing about food photos, probably passing me off as some sort of weirdo. The owner of Teocali Tamale praised me and thought it was awesome. He still wouldn't give Jess a margarita to go.

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 1/12/2006 2:23 PM  

  • they probably pass you off as a weirdo before you take pictures of the food. saying things like "that guy has the same hair as our freeky waitress" and stuff like that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/13/2006 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home