The Waffle House Chronicles...

Friday, January 20, 2006

New Post!

So it is Friday and we are arguing about where to have lunch! I’ve worked out a ton this week so I deserve lunch with some co-workers! I’ll let you know how the decision comes out. Things here are going pretty well. I got a whole new set-up at work that is ergonomically better so hopefully my shoulder won’t hurt as much. I also learned some new shoulder stretches.

I went to two spinning classes this week and I must say they are a darn good workout. I hurt much more after them than a 10k running or just riding any # of hours on my own. Yesterday the instructor got mad at me because of my high cadence. He kept giving me the slow down motion but he doesn’t realize I am there to spin and get in some good base…I can handle 120 rpms. He talked to me after the class…I told him I was trying to work on my high cadences but he said he didn’t want me to get hurt. Such is life, I wasn’t even rocking my hips or anything so I can handle it. Anyways I have a month left on that membership so I am hoping 2-3 times a week. I also need to set up the rollers and trainer although right now I am concentrating mostly on running. I ran 21.2 miles in the last 4 days, taking today off and hopefully getting an easy 5 tomorrow. After basketball and my easy 5 tomorrow the Chainsmokers invited me to ride a 2-3 hour group ride. I might even go! Then tomorrow night is the dodgeball tournament part 3! Sunday will be a rest day unless somehow I feel inspired to do something. All I know is that come 2pm, my butt will be parked in the basement watching football…I don’t care much about any of the teams left but with only 3 football games left until September I have to take advantage.

It seems J.Bro is going to bring it this season. I know he is working out a couple hours every day, mostly towards cycling so I have to get going as well to keep up! Which is good for me as a little healthy competition is always fun! His mountain biking has improved dramatically since the start of last season and with as determined as he seems he will undoubtedly have an excellent season. If only he would ride bikes outside, I should do a whole post on my opinions of J.Bro…just when I think I’ve got him pegged… I love trying to figure out people.

That about it right now! It’s Friday and I’m in love…

1 Comments:

  • I just checked my blog to find out when I came out of winter hibernation last year - looks like it was March 6th. http://ultramax.blogspot.com/2005/03/whats-this-contraption-im-sitting-on.html

    Two spinning classes tomorrow morning, with a half-hour warmup and a half-hour inbetween - skip that outside ride, foo'! But stop pedaling so fast.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1/20/2006 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home