The Waffle House Chronicles...

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Well once again a weekend without updates! I guess last weekend was so news worthy and exciting that I needed a break this weekend…and that is exactly what I got!

Wedding planning is in full swing! Friday after work we went and visited a reception hall and deemed it worthy of the glorious event. Zor Shrine is where it is at, just a quick stumble home for the J.Bro. The wedding show was also in town. Jess and her parents went on Saturday for a quick 5+ hours. Guh! She then came home, decided more research was necessary, researched on Saturday evening and Sunday morning and decided to go back on Sunday. Another 3+ hour day at the show! I can’t even imagine. But we now have a photographer and a ton of information!

But Mark, this is your blog, what did you do? I did nothing! Friday night after visiting the Zor we ordered some Papa Johns. Only delivery was 1:45 so Jess went to get it. Turns out they determined that my pizza needed no pepperoni so that was a bummer. But it was too much work to rectify and cheese pizza was good enough! Saturday I got up early to play basketball and run errands, got home in time to quickly cross paths with Jess and she was gone. I downloaded some music and played a lot of Midnight Club 3 (I unlocked Atlanta) and then watched lots of basketball (NCAA) and football (NFL.) Unfortunately Saturday night we were kind of planning to hang with friends. But Barry got busy and Riz got silenced (he took like an 8 hour nap and had his phone on vibrate or something) so we were kind of left empty handed (Hez was in but there aren’t many fun 3 player games.) Sunday was more of the same but I didn’t feel too well. A headache and scratchy throat (and the 27F +25mph winds) weren’t conducive to riding bikes so now every time I see Jerry and Garett I will be made fun of…at least until they need cheap bike parts! So more NFL and some housework.

My opinion on the Colts game: "Vanderjagt, Colts outchoke refs, Bettis in historic choke-off." OK, the Colts played like crap and the Steelers played like God…but it was still close. It was not a fun game to watch until the 4th quarter. The 4th was the best quarter of football I’ve ever watched.
Blame: Coaching- did anyone study film on teams that blitz? Vanderjagt- I wasn’t expecting you to make it but I would expect more that a big schank! O-Line- At least try to block a rusher. Peyton- When 9 people are blitzing launch the ball towards Harrison or Wayne, they are single-covered with no safety help, they are all-pro’s…make them play like it. 90% of the blame goes to the Steelers though, they came up with a perfect game plan and executed almost flawlessly. I am pulling for a Seahawks/Steelers Super Bowl but I have even odds on it being just the opposite. Carolina just won’t lose, they are pesky like that and the Seahawks are playoff duds usually. Broncos? Who knows what they will give you….

Anyways, Sunday night was our almost weekly visit to JT Whitneys and then back to work on Monday.

Monday was fun! I played some hoops in the morning, went to work and then ran 5 (slow-ass) miles at lunch. My legs just wouldn’t go. But they were well enough for our basketball game last night! We lined up and noticed a former co-worker (who played college ball) was on the other team so we knew we were in for a beating. We were down 30-12 at half-time (including my first two points of the season) but rallied to lose 63-32. The player mentioned earlier had to have hit about 10 3’s…but vinidication was sweet and I actually blocked one three! We played a zone D which I am starting to get the hang of. Estimated line: 3-6 shooting, 1-2 3’s, 7points, 2-3 assists, 5-6 rebounds, 2 blocks and 0 Fouls. I can’t remember a time where I haven’t gotten a foul. My last intermural game I fouled out and was asked to leave after I got 2 technicals in a 3 second span. Anyways that team was by far the best team in the league and I look forward to playing more of the mortal teams. Anyways that brings you to Tuesday morning…a crappy day filled with drizzle, cool weather and clouds…hopefully my lunch run won’t be too slick!

1 Comments:

  • Wow. That is a lot of time at the bridal show. Why didn't you go? Congrats on having things underway. I think I ended up playing WoW on Saturday night. I actually fell asleep after I left a couple of messages for Riz.

    The Colts Steelers game almost gave me a heart attack and I wasn't even watching the game. I had to have Tad turn the TV down cause the excitement was killing me.

    By Blogger Hez, at 1/17/2006 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home