The Waffle House Chronicles...

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

It’s Wednesday and I suck! At pottery that is! Last night we had our 3rd pottery class. Although I made 2 keepable pots I spend pretty much 2:30 ruining pots. I must’ve attempted 7 or so. Anyways, wheel pottery isn’t as easy as it looks. When I try to be graceful I don’t use enough power and when I try to be powerful I don’t use enough grace. I assume it is possible to balance the two but right now I’m not even close. 2 classes left, here’s to hoping I can salvage 4 more pots in those two classes and get one pot to actually fire right (my one fired pot has a serious Oprah crack on it.)

Anyways, that is how I spent Valentines. A run, a ride, 8 hours of work, a half-hour of chill time, three and a half hours of pottery time, a little cuddle time and way too little sleep time as I got up early this morning.

As for riding I kicked out a little over 16 miles in an hour or so on the cross bike. I also tried to do 1 legged intervals but could only keep them for maybe 20 seconds at a pop. I think I need to slow the cadence but the wind was brutal. Did a couple sprints on the way back too and could really feel it in the lungs which is good. Hoping to get out at lunch again today before the big snow tonight. Weather forecasts for the rest of this week really suck, especially knowing that my endurance runs this weekend will be on treadmills.

Oh yeah, I am not officially fat anymore! I got my results back from my Vision Quest performance test and my body fat is now 17.9%. 19% and above are overweight and 30% and above are obese. I am guessing 3 years ago I was technically obese so I’ve got that going for me. The last time I was checked was about a year ago and I was 20.0% so despite weighing about the same I’ve lost fat and gained muscle. I’ve got a lot of other info to post but that’ll have to wait for another post! I am still trying to figure out what all this means…lactic threshold, etc... I’ve also got lots of links to post so stay tuned…

4 Comments:

  • That's great news! Keep up the good work. You should have a great season.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/15/2006 11:20 AM  

  • now all you have to do is trim all of that extra fat off your bike. you know, the gears, derailleurs, squishy fork, shifters, etc.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/15/2006 3:15 PM  

  • Dude, gears + suspension=progress... I'm not a hippy freak! :) OK maybe a track bike so I can ride brakeless fixt. Thinking about shifting makes me think less about pain...

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 2/15/2006 3:26 PM  

  • My valentines day was long. I spent the 8 hours at work, came home changed and went to volleyball (we lost & Denise has got to go). I then went to the sports pub, I had a grilled cheese and fries (everyone else had taco's), a couple of cherry cokes and got home just before one.

    This morning was a b*tch.

    By Blogger Hez, at 2/15/2006 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home