The Waffle House Chronicles...

Friday, February 24, 2006

Fry Day! Ok, not quite Fry Day yet (next Wednesday will be Fri Day for sure) but Friday. I guess I update this site about every other day, not too shabby! Tonight is the second Friday of back-to-back Paul Walker Friday, Running Scared + Ultrascreen = Friday night! I am sure I’ll do some sort of eating whether it be Papa Johns or something else. It’s also a day off from running. I ran 26.2 miles in the past 4 days so today was just a little basketball and a core workout. I’ll likely run a quick 5 tomorrow and might even swim as well (I certainly won’t be joining Jerry on a freeze my cubes off 10am ride.) Tomorrow we also have a dodgeball tourney. This one will be key to determining our overall place, so wish us luck. I am scared to play though, our games will be on a racquetball court. Evidently someone thought this would be a good idea. Sunday will be a day of rest or something to that effect.

Bike is coming together. Hayes El Camino Discs on my Zaskar frame with a Manitou R7 fork and SRAM XO drive train. Everything else will be the same, switching back to Ritchey Disc wheels that are none to light but should be durable. On the negative side it looks like I’ll need a new rear road wheel. My American Classic wheel has a 22mm rim to be beefier for heavier riders but my Scott road frame has such a small tolerance back there that the small amount of wheel flex combined with the robust Michelin tire makes it rub the frame just a bit on corners. If it does that in training there is no way I want to ride a crit on it. Also unfortunately I don’t have an extra road rear wheel to try to see if that will help enough to make me ride it.

Anything else going on? Anyone? Anything? I hope all is well and everyone has a great weekend! Oh yeah, Russ is in town cleaning out the house. I’ll have to stop in and see what’s up! I wonder what Riz is doing right now?

4 Comments:

  • A marathon in four days? That's massive - nice work!

    The Zaskar sounds cool. I'm tossing around the idea of a new fork for mine sometime before the end of the season - something a pound or two lighter with remote lockout. I'm not sure that's enough of a difference to justify spending a couple hundred dollars though...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/24/2006 11:14 AM  

  • Remote lockouts are so 2004...

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 2/24/2006 3:44 PM  

  • Oh, crap! So what's 2007? Voice-activated lockout? I want to be 2007 -

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/24/2006 3:57 PM  

  • Dude you missed a good ride.... Garett

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/25/2006 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home