The Waffle House Chronicles...

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Awesome! It is Wednesday. We got ran in basketball on Monday, despite 10 points from me (52-29 we lost.) We suck! I also got “ran” in pottery last night. I finished up with two fairly poor pots (one I converted into a gravy boat if that tells you anything) so I think the dream of being a glorious potter is pretty much dashed. One more class left, where I will trim the 5 pots that are left to be trimmed. I’ll have to go in after class once to glaze I reckon. 7 more days of February left and still no potatoes. Was at JT Whitneys Monday and watched people eat one glorious fry after another. I have ate a lot healthier this month and have lost 3-4 pounds despite missing upwards of a week of working out. I am hoping to get out for a 10 mile run today as distance runs on Saturday don’t work as well for me. Wednesdays might be my new distance day for running…I think it will work out great so I can do some longer rides on weekends.

Went to the Y yesterday and some people just confuse me. I see some ugly dude lifting, looking all roid like with his buddy who was almost as ugly and equally as roided… Anyways as Ron White would say these guys probably get off watching Roadhouse. Or perhaps they idolize Chuck Norris or something. Well I get done and see those guys leaving. The uglier one had on some sort of baggy blue jeans that were draw-strung (looked like denim Zubaz) and then a two tone jean jacket (denim base with some sort of tan/khaki arms.) Huh? Makes me wonder what that guy thinks about when he wakes up. I understand and respect almost all sports, but bodybuilding (as a sport) is about where I draw the line. Billiards, Cycling, Bowling, Figure Skating, Baseball, Nascar are all sports. I can even understand competitive weightlifting and strongest man and all that. But some ugly dude who has arms bigger than my legs for no reason than to just have muscles? To each their own I guess…I just don’t understand. They were probably laughing at me as I was sweating my ass off on a treadmill for 5 miles in my short running shorts and getting about as far as a Hamster while staring at the beltline. Such is life.

I guess there are a lot of things I don’t understand. I’ve always looked at things I don’t like and try to figure out why someone would like them. Mostly this has to do with food, music and movies. There are lot of things I don’t like that I can figure out why people like them (Panera Bread, Dave Matthews, Lord of the Rings) but there are equally as many that I can’t figure out (Tuna, Barenaked Ladies, Austin Powers.) Probably explains why some of my favorite restaurants go out of business, why some of my favorite bands play at county fairs and why people think the Rock is a good actor and Vin Diesel is not.

Wow, this rant is pretty random and borderline boring. Well if you are still reading and have a camcorder let me know. I am in the market for one (either mini DV or likely DVD) so if you have any opinions on camcorders please drop me a comment (or do so anyways so I know someone is listening!) Sony DVD camcorder for $475 at Circuit City seems like my best bet (I have a $50 GC and $83 in Sony Dollars.) I wonder what Shiroma is doing right now?

6 Comments:

  • let me know what you find out about video camera's. i'll be in the market for one soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/22/2006 10:19 AM  

  • I wan't great at pottery either. My brother on the other hand went to the state pottery wheel competition his senior year.

    I have no opinions on video camera's. Definatly go digital, who wouldn't now a days.

    Panara bread has the BEST apple croissants.

    How was the work outing?

    We should get together sometime soon. :O)

    By Blogger Hez, at 2/22/2006 1:44 PM  

  • If running is stupid, then what is running in place while staring at the beltline (and your weightlifting buddies)?

    Is your bike getting lonely?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/22/2006 8:57 PM  

  • In my opinion:
    Running in place is better than riding in place
    1. Riding mountain bike trails
    2. Riding roads
    3. Running outside
    4. Running inside
    5. Spinning
    6. Trainer

    Swimming probably falls right along with the running outside thing. Basketball falls between 1 and 2. I spend alot of quality time with my bike, it sits next to the couch when I watch TV! :)

    Ummm...just because a place has the best apple croissants doesn't even put it on my radar! :)

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 2/23/2006 8:15 AM  

  • What if you were running in place while watching Roadhouse? I don't see that on your list. That has to be worse than the trainer.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/23/2006 7:20 PM  

  • Running in place while watching Roadhouse is probably between 1 and 2...now if I was watching Over the Top....

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 2/24/2006 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home