The Waffle House Chronicles...

Sunday, November 06, 2005


Introducing Chili! So we've been looking to get a boxer pup for quite some time now but we wanted to find a very reputable breeder who had fawn colored pups available. I get to work on Friday and Jess sends me an e-mail saying, would you go to Indiana (Michigan City-LaPorte area) today if this lady will be around and I say sure. At 8:15 Jess' was like, we can go. So I told Bel and was done with work at 8:30, ran home, picked Jess back up and we were off. We spent most of the time talking puppy names on the way there and thought about Slinky, Dunkin and a few others but decided that we were going to see how Chili worked as a name. We took the downtown Chicago route for a change (it was fast) and of course no trip to Michigan City would be complete without a trip to White Castle (actually had a couple pieces of fish at Long John Silvers washed down with 3 sliders with cheese. We got to Rolling Prairie, IN (right off of US 20) at about 1 and hung out with the breeder for an hour or so. We had a partcular pup in mind but got to meet the whole family! Boxers are beautiful dogs and it was cool to see them all! On the way home Chili was very chill choosing to nestle on my lap the whole way home. He kept putting his nose in my pits and everything. Once we were home the adventure would begin. First we intorduced him to Popeye who seemed to like him although he gave out a couple snarls as Chili crossed some boundaries. Then some of our friends came over to play games and Chili likes just being held or even sleeping on someone's foot or anything. Chili did however poop on the deck which I didn't notice until I took him out before bed and slipped on it. I guess poop on bare feet is like sneakers on fresh ice. On Saturday Chili pooped three times inside the house but we are getting there. This morning I got him to poop and pee outside (he first started trying to do both inside but I got him out there.) Chili seems very subdued for a boxer. His favorite thing in the world is to sit on a lap. He slept through the whole Badger game last night (shifting position every 10 minutes.) He has been accident free in his crate so far (I think he is too tall to pee in his crate) so that's good and he only whines for a couple minutes before falling asleep! I can't wait until we get him potty trained that is pretty much the biggest challenge at this point! :) Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home