The Waffle House Chronicles...

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

It has begun…

Last night I went for a nice easy jog, the first miles I’ve ran in two months and the first miles I’ve ran in preparation for the Ironman. Actually I think I need to train for the Ironman by setting smaller goals in the mean-time. So I have 30 days to train for the Berbee Derby on Thanksgiving Day! It is a 10k race that appears to get a pretty good turn out. I am hoping to simply break the one hour mark. I know in my running prime (which wasn’t all the prime at all but still 21-22 minutes for a 5K) this time would be laughable. But since I’ve ran a grand total of 15 miles this year and am starting out my running career 30 days before this race 1 hour itself could be a stretch. So if you are running or considering running drop me a line and maybe we can create a team. Oh yeah, and I am not overly sore today either so I am hoping to get a ride in at lunch and another jog after work. Unseasonably warm temps late this week might help me get some bike miles in before daylight savings time falls back. But to make a long story short I am hoping by spring I am a half-way respectable runner so I can work on my distance work. God I hope I don’t turn into a Tri geek!

I wonder what Russ is doing right now?

1 Comments:

  • If you're looking for a cheap, fun race, Missy and I are doing the Movin' Shoes 5K at Elver Park this Sunday morning. I'm coming off about four weeks of nothing but a cyclocross race last Saturday, so I'm planning to treat it as a nice tempo training run.

    Plus it's only $10 and you get a t-shirt.

    http://www.movinshoesmadison.com/Elver_%20Race_2005.htm

    Then again - it's all relative. Or subjective.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10/26/2005 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home