The Waffle House Chronicles...

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A good day!

So far today has been awesome! I finally got my new triathlon frame. It retails for $2600 (I also got the $400 fork, and FSA carbon headset and seatpost.) My cost? $50 and a set of tires. This is why I love Pacific Cycle so much. This bike was given to the president of Pacific to try. I’ve talked to him about it a couple times and he said, do you want it? I said sure! It is one size too small which would make for a perfect triathlon bike. He said he’d give it to me a couple months ago when he got something new but I thought nothing of it. Until last week when he asked again and I said yes and yesterday I got an e-mail saying it was ready. He had to pay $50 for someone to take the parts off it and put it on his other bike. So all he wanted was that $50. I also traded him a set of tires in exchange for the oversized seatpost (31.6) So now I have to build it up and I also am working on scheduling a bike fitting with Robbie Ventura and I will be in the game!

Oh yeah…about the bike. It is a Scott CR-1 Team Issue. 1.94lbs. Fork is .79lbs. Wow, now that I look at the specs it is a Large bike…cool, perfect size!!! Mine has the Saunier Duval team package but has custom Pacific logos on it also (that may or may not be removed.) I’ll post a photo next time I get a chance. It can even be a good triathlon bike!

4 Comments:

  • i'll give you $50 for it when you are done with the ironman.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/08/2005 11:52 AM  

  • Oh...one of the conditions of getting it was that I agreed never to sell it. The other one was that I actually rode the bike in preperation for the Ironman. And sorry, the frame is too big for you! :)

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 11/08/2005 12:38 PM  

  • I've seen that frame, and it's spectacular. Dan and I may be product-testing a Schwinn tri frame for Chuck next spring, but I'm still jealous of the Scott.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11/08/2005 1:52 PM  

  • Mark man, good score on the essentially free bike! Speaking of free - Laura has signed up for FreeCycle (thru Yahoo) all around the state and is getting some great random stuff - brand new futon, 25 gal Redwing antique crock, etc. She is also getting rid of a bunch of shit we don't need too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/08/2005 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home