The Waffle House Chronicles...

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Good eats

So yesterday Kyle invited me on a lunch date. Of course being stubborn I told him it had to be Taco Bell and not Culver's and he obliged. Great decision. We walk in and some girl stops us and asks us if we'd like to try a potential new Taco Bell product and take a survey about it. Little did she know, she made my dream come true as I often feel I should be a product tester for fast food restaurants...especially Taco Bell. So Kyle and I sat down to fill out our survey. It appears they are considering a new premium steak line and we got to try the new steak taco (premium steak, cheese, salsa roja, red sauce and lettuce.) It tasted great and the new steak was awesome. That being said judging by the survey the product will be priced at $2.29 which is pricey because it wasn't very filling. But if people are into premier items, this one is a winner. Anyways it delayed my first ever trying of the new triple steak burrito they are promoting as I didn't feel up for triple steak after I just had premium steak.

Although in even bigger Madison fast food news, check this out! Awesome! It's less than a mile from the Riz (does Sonic know it's demographic or what?) Opening a drive-in in Madison in January might not be that great for employees but that will just make my java chiller that much cooler!

Not sure what I think about this. I am sure Kelson would love it. I'll have to get some, if nothing else it would be a good burger seasoning. I often wondered why some burger place hasn't put bacon inside a burger (or grind bacon chunks into the meat.) Perhaps sometime next summer we'll have to have the 1st annual burger cook-off! I know Tracy can make a mean burger...but I've got a couple creations that people might also enjoy.

Sorry for the photoless blog post. I did see two deer in my neighbor's yard a couple mornings ago but I didn't have a camera. Oh well, hopefully the next post will have more. Thanks for reading.

2 Comments:

  • I had the triple chicken burrito last night and it was fantastic. I originally thought it would be standard fare, but there's a "smokey~something-or-other" new sauce added to the burrito which added enough zip for me to give the stamp of approval. While it topples in at $4.21, it could be a fine meal just by itself, quite filling.

    Glad to hear that TB is trying a new approach, might get me re-interested in getting back to my roots.

    Double Dare Played Like Zebra's Kissing Buffalos

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/16/2008 7:24 AM  

  • Zero Fat??? Vegetarian?? Sounds dubious, but I do love bacon. And jen loves bacon too. Now we can have all the bacon we want, without that whole "pigs are treated poorly" guilt thing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/21/2008 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home