The Waffle House Chronicles...

Friday, September 19, 2008

One more Colorado Post

We had a really nice last day in Colorado. With the exception of snow in the highest of elevations the weather was perfect (low 70's every day!) The last day was pretty laid back. We went to the outlet mall and checked some stuff out (you could try on Pearl Izumi stuff!) Also watched some people fly fish. We then headed back down to Breckenridge, 'cause when in doubt just go to Breck. Got to Breck and had some sweet slices of pizza! Good eats! We then explored as last time we were there I stumbled upon this crazy ropes course that I couldn't find when I wasn't on my bike. We finally found it this time and even saw some other cool stuff. Jess and I both tried it (bum ankle and all, oh well.) Went back up and found this beautiful resevoir which had tons of trout (you could see several anywhere you looked.) Then I went to ice my foot in the stream again, doesn't get any more perfect then the park in downtown Breck. Once that was done we were kind of at a loss for anything to do. Jess had wanted to go on a gold mine tour but they were closed on Mondays and Tuesdays so that sucked. But I told her we'd drive up to it and check it out. We went to it and the road looked cool so we went on and on. Pretty soon it was pretty much like a 1-lane road maintained for AWD cars, but the Avalon is never scared. We ended up climbing a mountain pass and came upon the Sally Barber mine. We couldn't go in anything but it was really neat. We found lots of (probably fools) gold up there. It was sweet! The drive back to town was even more sketchy but no worries, we made it down good. Got back to Breck and headed back to Dillon. Packed some stuff up and chilled. We then went to Ruby Tuesday's. I highly recommend the Triple Prime burger (sorry, forgot the camera) as it might be the new number 3 burger. Really good. Watched the movie Get Shorty (good flick) while we packed up. Then to bed.
Got up super early so we could get out before Denver rush hour. Made great time out and had Taco Bell for brunch. Our plan was for an early supper at Dave & Busters in Omaha at about 3. Of course they don't open until 4:30 so we drove on to Des Moines for some pasta bowl instead. We had a hotel in Des Moines that night and we watched Jerry Maquire. What an excellent movie, I forgot how good it was. Thursday we had some things to take care of in Des Moines quick, washed that all down with some Sonic and headed back to Madison. Got here about 1 and was at work by 1:45. :( Worked until almost 7 and headed home. I got Grand Theft Auto 4 for PS3 (ebayed it before I left, waiting when I got home) and played that for a while before bedtime. Now I get to not play basketball this morning (or tomorrow morning) so the weekend will be laid back!

3 Comments:

  • Bummer about the Dave & Busters. I think you're the first person to actually recommend Ruby Tuesday's, usually people are indifferent or not impressed at all. Glad to hear you guys made it back safe and sound. Sorry to hear you still had to get into work, that's about the last thing I'd like to do at the end of a vacation.

    Thanks for blogging about the trip, it felt like taking us along and it definitely sounds like I'll have to make a random weekend of Breckenridge sometime.


    Not Knowing How Old Usable Vouchers Now Devalue

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/19/2008 7:19 AM  

  • Color me jealous about the whole trip. Wait, 99% of the trip - not the sprained ankle part.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/19/2008 9:43 AM  

  • All of these posts really made me miss Colorado. I haven't been there in years. Maybe Tad and I will have to go next summer eh?

    Sounds like you had a really good time, minus the foot of course.

    Every Unicorn Likes Yelling Neat Catchy Majestic Audibles.

    By Blogger Hez, at 9/23/2008 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home