The Waffle House Chronicles...

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday in the NYC

Our last day in the NYC. It was the coolest but it was mostly pleasant. It was a day where everything just sort of clicked and flowed...
We got up and Jess wanted to try a real NYC bagel. It wasn't very different than a Bruggers and this was supposedly the good stuff. It wasn't great. I had some of it for breakfast along with some coffee. We then hit the Subway because I wanted to go to the Toys R Us flagship store. We got there way early so we decided to see if the Today show was still being taped. It wasn't but they had the UBS corporate gold challenge in conjunction with the TPC at Sawgrass. Basically I got to play a scaled down version of the famed 17th Island green. I got one 30 yard chip, get it on and win a prize. The green was probably about 25-20 feet. One shot, lots of fans. Somehow I got in the VIP line with the crew of SNL, so I got a free hat. Anyways, one shot, lined it up and smacked it, perfect chip to the middle of the green. I won some HX Tour golf balls! I guess just an hour earlier the cast of the Today show was trying and I guess I am just a better golfer. That's two perfect golf shots and I was one of only three I saw make the green. We then headed to the NBC store and then to Toys R Us which was decent. Jess wanted to see the Chrysler building so we walked that way. Then I made a discovery. For $.99 you can get some New York style pizza. A decent slice and the best slice I've had in quite a while. We got our Chrysler photos and then headed to Grand Central to head to the Mets/Brewers game. Shea Stadium might be my new favorite non-Miller Park stadium. Decent fans, fun time, great promotions and a whole lot more. It kicked the crap out of Yankee Stadium. Anyways, I am walking through the parking lot and we stumble upon the only celebrity of our trip, none other than Mr. Met! I'll post the photo later as it is stuck on Jess' camera. We also got to see the Arthur Ashe tennis stadium. Queens is crazy! The game was awesome, the Brewers kept it tight for a while before a 7th inning JJ Hardy Grand Slam made everyone leave. It was one of the best games I had been too. We got back on the Subway and hit like three others to get to this place that just serves Mac & Cheese. What a great idea (Tracy would love it) as you can do various things (Buffalo chicken style, classic style, etc) and I opted for the 4-Cheese while Jess got the classic. Both were awesome and almost were too much. I was a Mac & Cheese Slayer! We then headed to get some iced coffee and then we found some random market that was 5 blocks long so too bad we already ate a lot. I got a sweet t-shirt though, you'll have to catch me wearing it some time. We then walked down to Greenwich (more Brozek-like content) Village. That was a pretty awesome and we got some cheap gelato. We then had enough, got on the subway and came back to the condo where we are now. We have to get up early to be at the Newark airport for a 9:10am flight. Next post should be from Madison...
I assume the photography on this site will soon win an award...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home