The Waffle House Chronicles...

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

This week's project

I spent lots of time working on the lawn and the house last week. This week will be different. Here is my newest project

I hope to have it complete this week or next, I think I have every part I need. It'll be front brake equipped and contain parts from Sun, FSA and Kenda, all of which are among my favorites. I'll upgrade the crappy parts the more I ride it and get a feel. This is how my new wheelset got to my attention at work, it must mean I am famous or something. Also included were a Sun/Ringle T-Shirt and a Sun/Ringle flask. I now own my second set of Russell wheels. I can't believe a legend like Russell would slum it to make my wheels but I am honored and truly blessed.

Oh yeah, I got my new camera as you can see. I don't like it yet though so it might have to go back, this is my trial #1. And I am going to ride my mountain bike tomorrow, first time since late December.

5 Comments:

  • Shit yeah! Time to join the fixed gear hipsters of Madison

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/01/2007 10:26 PM  

  • oooh, did you see the article in the NYT on fixies? read it before it goes into the archives! dude some of those fixie enthusiasts are insufferable. (most are just enthusiasts. :-) )

    "Mr. Coast, who works surrounded by Bridgeport lathes, jigs and blueprints, is a believer in fixies as a metaphorical extension of a squatters’ lifestyle that connotes, as he puts it, “living a certain way, subsisting on recycling, not wasting, finding liberation, freedom as a revolutionary act, like in a Hakim Bey sense, primitivist, spiritualist anarchism.”

    He laughs at the absurdity of a brand like Mountain Dew approaching Black Label with an offer of sponsorship, as he says happened last year, and is wary of exploitation of the fixed-gear bike culture by corporations that have little to do with biking. “I saw what happened to skateboarding and surfing and punk,” Mr. Coast said grimly."

    By Blogger Annie, at 5/02/2007 8:02 AM  

  • Nice, although I have to look down my nose at anyone that would built a fixed gear out of brand-new parts. As long as you electrical-tape one thing, I'll cut you some slack.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5/02/2007 10:13 AM  

  • is that a flask i see in that pic.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/02/2007 11:00 AM  

  • That flask would be best if filled and emptied on a regualr basis.

    By Blogger The Shed Master, at 5/02/2007 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home