The Waffle House Chronicles...

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Biketopia

So we have this new commuter program at work…basically we can’t afford not to ride our bikes to work, so I’ve been doing it all week. It’s actually worked out pretty smoothly with nice weather this week so I haven’t been tested yet. Wednesday was the best of them all. I got up early and rode my mountain bike to the Y to play basketball. Then I rode to work. Then at lunch we rocked the Quarry Ridge which is in great shape. First singletrack of the year is hot. So hot that after work I met up with Jerry for more Quarry Ridge. It got even better as we found out about some new trails. The best part? All the random people we ran into. Balsley stopped by, Shiroma was there, we ran into Garett and Rysewyk and I even saw Wolfgram and Cheri among other people that I only kinda know. It’s like Quarry Ridge is our own little country club. Got home around 6:30, I had ridden about 30 miles half pavement and half not pavement all on my mountain bike and my legs were shot. Our family really lessened our carbon footprint yesterday as Jess commuted and took her bike to the gym and rode at lunch as well, neither or our cars were driven yesterday. Can we go 2 for 2 today? Nope, but we both rode in and will be riding home so our carbon footprint will be lessened from last week, which is the whole goal. I’ll never be one of those carless hippy freaks nor do I want to be (read the link from Sophist's comment on my last post to see what I won't be.) :)

2 Comments:

  • You don't half to be a car-less hippy to be a freak. I sold the Motorcycle, so no moto-pacing for Jerry, and I will also be commuting to school via the cheese curd powered engine

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/03/2007 6:30 PM  

  • I lurrve the new commuter program - '08 Madison, here I come. Oh, shit, is that a new fixed-gear? You can call my Lieutenant Hypocrite, Third Brigade.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5/03/2007 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home