The Waffle House Chronicles...

Thursday, November 02, 2006

It’s over…I did it!

Today at 12:03pm I enjoyed my first ever McRib. It’s been a cultural icon for years, the one limited time food that mattered in history (Taco Bell rolls limited time items a lot and I love the limited time Cheddar Melt McD’s offers occasionally but those are insignificant to pop culture.)

My boss has owed me a free fast food meal for over a year, I informed her Tuesday that she’ll be going to McDonalds at some point this week. Today was the day. She didn’t even ask, she brought back a McRib value meal. So at least I had a Coke and some fries to fall back on.

The sandwich’s appearance didn’t disappoint. It was way too saucy looking and had a large spattering of raw onions of which I removed about ¾ of. The pickles had to stay! It was on. With Bell Biv Devoe’s Do Me on the radio I took my first bite. It was better than I expected. The only weird thing was the texture but after two bites it wasn’t weird anymore. The sauce was good, the pickles were good, the meat stuff was good too. I actually liked it. It actually could’ve used a bit more sauce even.

This item is infinitely better than the other mega-popular limited time item at McD’s (stupid Shamrock Shake…) I’d probably eat one token McRib a year, no more but also no less. I hope they put them back in the rotation. Have you McRibbed yet?

3 Comments:

  • Sweet "Do Me" reference.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/03/2006 6:34 AM  

  • I've never McRibbed in my life.

    By Blogger el_riz, at 11/03/2006 7:26 AM  

  • As much as I'm in favor of trying new things, I'm highly wary of the McRib. For one thing, ribs have bones...right? Big ones, if memory serves...which would get in the way of eating a sammich, I'd think.

    ...and if it doesn't have bones then we're in the realm of something that's almost completely but not quite entirely unlike rib meat...and the fear sets in.

    Props to you for the bravery!

    By Blogger MonkeyMom, at 11/03/2006 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home