The Waffle House Chronicles...

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

This is my church...this is where I heal my hurt...bike racing for all intents and purposes is done for the year. Yeah there is cross, but that is dorky and not that much fun. I feel really bad, I've watched 1-1/2 Badger games (1 in person) and 1 Packer game.

Observations:
-If you are going to wear a football jersey as a fan, please don't tuck it in, maybe if you are a chick, but not if you are a dude. Four guys at our Sheboygan hotel were heading to the Packers game. Three slobs with the jersey untucked, one guy with nice jeans and a belt, tucked in. He looked ridiculous!
-At some point the wedding becomes bigger than the marriage. We've hit that point. It's understandable, now that I am actually involved it feels like alot of work. And that's just the less than 3% I am doing.

-I was 14-0 with my football picks this week. So were 10 others in our 50 person pool though. If only I didn't outthink myself in fantasy football.

-Russel talked to me this weekend. By name. Twice! I have officially "made it." Maybe in 2007 I can start working on becoming a WORS legend myself...
-Dahlstyle had a baby on Saturday, congrats!
-Neverending Pasta Bowl ends this weekend. Count is at 2 or 6 depending on what you are counting.

So I ran today, first time in exactly 1 month...almost 1/5 of an Ironman (or 5 miles...) :) It felt pretty decent although I was a little underdressed and felt kind of cold. I was going to ride today but the cold rain just didn't motivate me. Maybe tomorrow...

Um, is this site going downhill??? Wow, this post has it all, a photo, links, non-cycling stuff, cycling stuff. How 'bout some food??? Jess' favorite burrito...



5 Comments:

  • Doesn't "downhill" imply that the blog was on some type of hill to begin with? I'm not sure I agree with that assumption.

    On a related note, I think you're just dissing 'cross because you're still worried that the tri-geek tag will stick and you want to emphasize that there might be something dorkier out there than tri-geeks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/10/2006 10:43 PM  

  • Hello - I just found your blog by complete accident. I think the blog you said was going downhill rocks, and whoever runs it is some sort of greek god, brought down from the heavens to teach mankind about how to be cool.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/11/2006 8:17 PM  

  • That may be the most unintentionally-disgusting sign I've ever seen! Can you steal it for your basement? Should we organize a raiding party - maybe set up some sort of distraction?

    You're too, too kind, completely-anonmous poster above me!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10/11/2006 8:20 PM  

  • How much weight did you lose training for Ironman?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10/11/2006 8:22 PM  

  • The real question j.bro is how much wieght is he going to gain, now that he's not training anymore (I jest, I jest)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/15/2006 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home