The Waffle House Chronicles...

Saturday, September 09, 2006


Yes I still love this blog! So with football starting it's only appropriate we give some football love!

Remember this guy? The Texans are carrying just two quarterbacks on their roster, so if both David Carr and Sage Rosenfels go down rookie tight end Owen Daniels would be asked to take snaps. "Oh, I don't want to think about that," Texans coach Gary Kubiak told the Houston Chronicle. "But if something like that did happen, Owen would be the emergency quarterback. Either him or me."

Charlie Batch is worthy of being an NFL starter. I can name at least a dozen starters than he is better than. He makes great decisions, throws a beautiful ball and is adept at learning an offense. Not just any starter can lead the Detroit Lions to a 9 win season.

My fantasy team was rated #1 in the Atkins Power Ratings. Fresh off my fantasy football championship last year I wasn't very tickled about my draft. I have some potential points at QB, 4 solid running backs but none are spectacular, good recieving corps with some depth. Two servicable tight ends, a kicker I like and a defense I don't. Fortunately you can always pick up a D on the waivers. Here's my team:

5 RB Jackson, Steven STL 7
16 WR Harrison, Marvin IND 6
25 WR Moss, Randy OAK 3
36 RB Dillon, Corey NE 6
45 RB Jones, Julius DAL 9
56 WR Stallworth, Donte NO 7
65 RB Jones, Thomas CHI 7
76 WR Smith, Rod DEN 4
85 QB Green, Trent KC 3
96 TE McMichael, Randy MIA 8
105 QB Warner, Kurt ARI 9
116 D Broncos, Denver DEN 4
125 WR Curtis, Kevin STL 7
136 TE Clark, Dallas IND 6
145 PK Brown, Josh SEA 5
156 QB Rivers, Philip SD 3

Predicitions:
Badgers: 9-3
Wolverines: 10-2
Packers: 3-13
Colts: 13-3
Lions: 5-11

Any thoughts???

2 Comments:

  • you don't like the broncos D? and you drafted Kurt Warner? he'll last maybe the first game.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/09/2006 11:28 AM  

  • I hate Badger football

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/10/2006 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home