The Waffle House Chronicles...

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Summertime Blues…

It’s nice out, and I love it! Thank god! Yesterday morning I got my MTB ready and came to work. I swam at lunch and it went pretty well. After work I brought my MTB and stuff over to Jerry’s house for him to bring to Blackhawk…I was running out there. The run went really well. Wasn’t sure on the distance, I estimated 9-12 miles (ended up being 9.6.) Tons of hills though so it was hard. It was also warm. Ran out of water about 5 miles in but after about 8 Jerry pulled up and gave me some more water. It was much needed. It was a good but tough run. I think I ran about 10 minute miles. I felt decent when I got to Blackhawk. I did about a 2 mile warm up on the MTB and then the TT started. I started 2nd to last. Pretty soon I was last. I did pass one person at one point and felt good. Then it all started to fall apart and I lost my desire and she passed back. OK, so she is a rock star and has even chances of beating me every day out there so I wasn't worried. I was going to only do one lap. But when I got to the lap point I just kept going. Big mistake. Around a steep corner my right calf locked up and I fell over (of course into one of those Velcro like plants.) I got up, massaged it out and tried to go. But on the brutally steep climb I couldn’t make it up. My legs didn’t want to walk either. Guh. I rode back down, put it in my 22X28 and spun back up the hill. 1-1/2 laps isn’t too bad. The course was brutally fun and I hope it is remembered for next year.

Jerry gave me a lift home. I see the windows open when I get home and was curious. We try to run the AC and keep the windows shut because of our bad allergies. I see Jess in shorts coming outside, another bad sign. AC is busted. Did I mention we’ve lived in our house for 1 year and 4 days? And we had a home warranty included for the first year of our house that expired on Sunday? Freakin’ figures. Jess has some ideas to fix it today at lunch and I’ll call some people if that doesn’t work and maybe take some stuff apart tonight. Guh! On the plus side the weather was pleasant last night. It’s weird though, our basement was 10-15 degrees colder than the upstairs.

So that’s where we are at this morning.

1 Comments:

  • Why are you training so much? You should just walk the run leg. Walking's awesome - the crowd loves it.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8/17/2006 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home