The Waffle House Chronicles...

Monday, August 07, 2006




As promised here are some photos of Jess' bike from last Sunday! A little sketchy huh? A huge RV pulling a matching car signaled to us that something was up...low and behold this is what it is. I blame either the WORS number plate (faring) or the extra durable Wal-Mart bag (sail) for the problem and not Jerry.

Weekend was pretty tame. Friday night consisted of Talladega Nights and Papa Johns (both excellent) and then some bike fixing time. Got up bright and early to play basketball...not enough players. Went to Woodmans and took the dogs to the bark park. Chili was running with so many dogs that he was absolutely pooped when he got home. Good! Went out for a quick MTB ride with Jerry and my bike worked well, ready enough for Sunday's race. Got home and then off to Jess' cousin's place for some 2yo birthday action. It was a good time, I even watched a show called Country Fried Home Videos...highly recommended! We got home and worked on Jess' bike. Then Jerry and South Side Jess came over for some Blockus Trigon. I even won a game. Woke up Sunday morning to a nice downpour. Got ready, loaded up the bikes and was all set to go. Jess and I bailed. Neither of us were mentally into riding in those conditions. Of course the race conditions were "close to" perfect but oh well, such is life. Now Jess and I both have well tuned and upgraded mountain bikes. We instead went swimming, watched the first Pirates movie, watched the Brickyard and went out for supper and Gelato with the Smulkas. A relaxing weekend.

Today I woke up and got in a 5 mile run. Went to work and then swam a mile at lunch. Got home and talked Jess into riding with me. We rode 26 miles, basically to the end of the Ironman loop and then back to the Terrace and then home. We then went to the bark park again, then home, ate some food and now here we are.

Thanks to Jerry for all the help on the bike, sorry I couldn't (I mean was too wuss to) use it. Today was Hez's first day working with us, I saw her once. Tomorrow we have a scheduled power outage at work until 11am. I am getting up at 4:45 and out the door by 5 to Dodgeville and back, 80-85 miles round trip. Wednesday is grill out night with the Chainsmokers and Thursday is grill out night with a world champ! Need to ride with a world champ? Let me know! :) Riz, I need some stroke help as well, we need to set up a time!

3 Comments:

  • Of course there's no reason to blame Jerry. A real man obviously would put his fiance's bike on the car himself, and would never rely on a sissy, leg-shaving, "elite" mountain biker who probably couldn't even lift that sweet steel work of art high enough to get it on the car.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/08/2006 10:51 AM  

  • I guessed I just assumed when someone always thinks they are right that they usually do things right... Plus, Jess' bike weighs like 23lbs so I figured Jerry's wife (the other Jess) must've put it on instead thus ensuring it was done right...my bad.

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 8/08/2006 12:22 PM  

  • Always being right and always doing everything right are two different things. It's actually pretty difficult to both know everything (which I obviously do) and keep track of all the mundane details that need to get done in the world at the same time. Seriously, it's a rough life.

    And for what it's worth, that other person who posted is an idiot. I have a seriously ripped upper body and could probably do at least 2 or 3 push ups consecutively. Lifting that bike is nothing. Heck, my sheer 'eliteness' could levitate it without any effort on my part.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/08/2006 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home