The Waffle House Chronicles...

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I can’t ride…55!!!

Last night was Baraboo night. After running and swimming yesterday I knew my legs were going to be in trouble. Combine that with getting there 10 minutes after the group left (Ryan waited for us) so we had to hammer to try and catch the group. And hammer we did until we got to the point that we realized that we weren’t catching them as they must’ve gone a different way (they did, we rode 3 miles on a newly graveled road and they did not.) We kept going though and got a great ride in (almost 45 miles and 3000 feet of climbing which was mostly long sustained climbing.) Did I mention it rained at least half the time. The highlight though was a downhill. Jerry and Ryan kept telling me how fast it was but was a bit sketchy and the road came to a T at the bottom so I was kind of scared. But I hammered it down and when I got to the bottom I looked down and my computer said 54.2mph. Turns out my max was 54.3 when I checked it later. To put it in perspective that was my coasting speed, I didn’t pedal, I wasn’t in a tuck (I was sitting on the saddle in my hoods) and the road was wet. Jerry and Ryan smoked me on it, I am guessing they hit 60. Neither had a working computer. It was insane. I am guessing on a good day with a lot of sack I could hit 65. I want to break 55 some day so it should be cake on that hill. The ride was fun, hard, but fun. Afterward we got that legendary Baraboo hospitality and got back to Madison at 10:45pm. I am convinced though that somehow after all the training I’ve done my riding legs are perfect for Ironman. Not sure how that happened…

Remember Russ? Here are the photos from the bachelor party. Caution a couple towards the end are gross so after you see Zarun and Larkin taking shots get ready or look away. Thanks to Larkin for the slideshow and the photo skills…

Got a random call from someone at 6:53pm that asked if Jess and I wanted to go to the Mallards game last night. I was out of range so my call log didn’t register and they didn’t tell me who. I don’t know who it was and I was pretty sure I couldn’t get to the game in 12 minutes had I been home and picked up the call. I guess when you are 15 miles west of Baraboo the cell doesn’t work so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home