The Waffle House Chronicles...

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I want to cry….

USA’s only real Tour contender is basically done…forever. No Americans waiting in the wings. Media coverage drops off, Discovery Channel’s contract comes due, a bunch of junky no-namers left, cycling in the US once again becomes a fringe sport.

Cadel can smoke everyone in the TT (besides Kloden) so there is still a chance for him and I have someone to cheer for. A great Tour that must be clean (seems like everyone in the Top 10 got dropped at some point) but ultimately it won’t have the result that I had hoped. CVV can’t even go for a stage win anymore either.

Only one person can save it but he is retired. Needless to say this morning I am depressed. Add this to the mix and road biking totally sucks!

4 Comments:

  • it's not over yet.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/20/2006 10:38 AM  

  • I was just logging on to ask whether you were planning to retract this post - but you already have!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7/20/2006 12:31 PM  

  • Basically done! Thursdays stage defied all logic, seriously. I have no idea what and how it happened. Perfect tactics by Floyd with a motor to back it up!

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 7/20/2006 3:23 PM  

  • Oh, and note all comments making fun of my post were posted after Thursday's stage and not before it. If my boy Robbie says he is done then I had no reason to believe he wasn't...

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 7/20/2006 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home