The Waffle House Chronicles...

Friday, August 04, 2006


-Wow, minimal love for the Russell post. Weak!

-Here’s some trivia, can anyone name any of the Top 3 grossing sports movies of all time? I’ve seen them all. I am willing to bet you haven’t. Hint, they all relate to the same sport and that sport isn’t boxing.

-Tentatively racing the Sun Run at Hilbert Sunday.

-Hez’s last day at Metavante today and her last workday not being my coworker (for now at least…)

-I have 7 Myspace friends now.

-Wendys now has a vanilla frosty…my advice to you, order the original. Not that the vanilla is bad, it just isn’t too good.

-Talladega Nights tonight…I’ve been waiting a year to see it. I’ve seen way too many previews though so hopefully that doesn’t ruin it for me.

-Total mountain bike drivetrain rebuild to be completed by tomorrow (I sure hope!) Road bike will get some new parts as well. I also got a new swim cap…exciting stuff!

-Good training week. With no races getting in my way after this weekend I should be able to step it up for the next 4 weeks and then a one week taper.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Let me know if I am missing anything!

6 Comments:

  • man, i would have guessed rocky 1, 2, and 3. but if they aren't about boxing then i don't know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/04/2006 9:50 AM  

  • I'm questioning your source of Top 3 movies. According to this
    it looks like it is boxing.

    But if you're insistant that it's not boxing, then it would have to be football

    So, I'll go with:
    Waterboy
    The Longest Yard (original 1974)
    Jerry Maguire (which isn't really a sports movie, so much as a sports agent movie, neglible actual sports)

    By Blogger el_riz, at 8/04/2006 1:42 PM  

  • Good call Riz. You were almost right. Your list was adjusted for 2004 dollars, not original box office receipts. The other issue was that your list was published in 2004. The list is:
    Waterboy
    The Longest Yard (remake)
    Jerry McGuire (which can go either way.)

    Also wasn't the Cutting Edge about figure skating? Your list says hockey! :) Also I like how Over The Top is listed as a sports movie as is Dodgeball. But Karate Kid is not a sports movie. And Ski Patrol was about as much a "sports" movie as Better Off Dead!

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 8/04/2006 2:48 PM  

  • I'm a little offended you didn't think I wouldn't have seen all the top three movies listed there. I was hoping Varsity Blues would have been higher.

    Yeah, I have issues with that list too, but it was the fastest list I could find about top grossing sports movies.

    Still wondering about your source that doesn't think boxing would had the top 3 spots....

    By Blogger el_riz, at 8/04/2006 3:02 PM  

  • http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/boxoffice/alltime/

    Waterboy 123
    Longest Yard 128
    Jerry McGuire 137

    No Rocky listed…
    I heard the discussion on the radio this morning...this is my evidence.

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 8/04/2006 3:30 PM  

  • Oh yeah, I assumed that you didn't see either Longest Yard of Jerry McGuire. Everyone has seen the Waterboy...those who haven't should find a new blog to read...

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 8/04/2006 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home