The Waffle House Chronicles...

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Mmm food! Without food or movies it seems no one besides Jerry cares. I used to have blog readers so hopefully some of you are still there! I don’t know how to set-up a poll questions so we’ll do this in Q&A format. If you don’t live in Madison you’ll just have to give your opinion on the Madison questions. I’ll even allow an other:

1. Favorite Seasonal Candy:
1. Cadbury Crème Egg
2. Peeps
3. Reese’s Pumpkins (or hearts, or Christmas trees, etc)
4. Plain old sugar Jelly Beans
5. Other (please specify)

2. Favorite New Soda:
1. Vault
2. Cherry/Vanilla Dr. Pepper
3. Coke Blak
4. Tab Energy
5. Other (please specify)

3. Favorite Quick Service Chain not in Madison:
1. White Castle
2. Sonic
3. Del Taco
4. Jack in the Box
5. Other (please specify)

4. Favorite Casual Dining Chain not in Madison:
1. Cheesecake Factory
2. Ruby Tuesday’s
3. Chevy’s
4. Waffle House
5. Other (please specify)

5. What is your favorite unmodified fast food menu item?

6. Is Fierce Grape the best Gatorade flavor?


I haven’t had too many new things lately. But here is what I am into:
-Wendys: Wendys melt is awesome, vanilla frosty is ok but sure isn’t close to the original
-Just had a hot pockets Philly Cheesesteak sub. I loved it! It’s was all cheese with traces of meat. According to Price is Right they retail for $2.29 for a 2 pack…I scored a 2 pack for 2 bucks at Woodmans, that is pure profit right there!
-Hardees Philly Cheesesteak Burger is really good! I think Carl’s Jr might have one too.

Heard this rumor: “Just got a 44 oz cup of Vault from the fountain in the White Castle on E Lake St. in Minneapolis (MN). Not sure but is this the first fountain sighting made on the site? I know White Castle isn’t everywhere around the country but for those of you who do have them looks like it might be a good place to look.” I am excited, I can't even imagine what Vault on the gun might taste like...


I’ll post my responses after a while…don’t want to skew the results as everyone wants to be just like me!

6 Comments:

  • I shall play your little game -

    1) Reese's easter eggs, frozen for about two hours, then nibbled (as if I was a bunny myself)

    2) Cherry Vanilla anything - Coke, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi. Did you know they're calling Cherry Vanilla Diet Pepsi "Jazz"?

    3) Krispy Kreme. Sometimes I daydream about a neon "Hot Donuts" sign.

    4) I luuurve Waffle House.

    5) Chicken Bacon Ranch deli sandwich from Arby's. With a medium curly fries, it's 1300 calories of x-treme flava.

    6) Dude, no way. Arctic Blast. Why can't they make Gatorade Endurance in flavors other than orange and lime?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8/09/2006 4:59 PM  

  • Since the Cubs are getting pounded, I have nothing else to occupy my time, so I'll play too...

    1. Reese's anything -- if it's peanut butter I'm there.

    2. Diet Pepsi with Lime. It's lima-a-licious.

    3. Sonic. Whenever I am cursed with a trip to Bentonville AR, the only thing I look forward to is a stop for a Lemonberry Slush...

    4. Waffle House. Even my kids love the House.

    5. Arby's Beef and Cheddar. Horrible, artery-clogging deliciousness...

    6. Couldn't tell you...I don't drink the stuff. However, my eight year old son is quite the Gatorade expert, and he's partial to the blue one.

    By Blogger Bob, at 8/10/2006 2:45 PM  

  • I'm not sure I understand any of the questions (what the hell is "coke blak" or an "unmodified fast food item"? I'm sorry, but there certainly is no such thing as an "unmodified" anything at a fast food place), but I'm cool with fierce grape--it seems to taste better coming back up than the others do.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/10/2006 8:39 PM  

  • Jerry- You are a damn hippie! You can't forget your fast food roots...

    1. Unless the Creme Egg is in a McFlurry it has to be the Reeses. The Heart is the best one.

    2. Vault

    3. All of the above. I'd choose White Castle 1st, Sonic 2nd, Jack 3rd, Del Taco 4th and Checkers 5th.

    4. I miss the Waffle House. But I wouldn't mind a Cheesecake Factory either...

    5. Chicken Quesadilla- Taco Bell.

    6. Definitely Yes! Grape is god!

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 8/11/2006 8:03 AM  

  • 1. Favorite Seasonal Candy:
    Reese’s Pumpkins (or hearts, or Christmas trees, etc)

    Reese's peanutbutter freakin' rules, I even enjoy the cereal!


    2. Favorite New Soda:
    Vault

    I haven't tried any of the others but Vault seems to be the most appealing of what's out there.

    3. Favorite Quick Service Chain not in Madison:
    Other! - Taco Time

    I'm probably the only person in the world with this answer, but hey it's me. Throw in a neighboring 7-11 and I'd be in heaven. Although I'd probably also wet myself if Sonic or Jack in the Box came here.


    4. Favorite Casual Dining Chain not in Madison:
    Cheesecake Factory

    I'd have to go with Waffle House if I ate breakfast more, but usually it's lunch or dinner and Cheesecake Factory is where it's at.

    5. What is your favorite unmodified fast food menu item?

    1/2 lb. Soft Taco - Taco Time

    6. Is Fierce Grape the best Gatorade flavor?

    I believe that it is, it's got a nice little grape bite that does the trick.

    By Blogger el_riz, at 8/11/2006 8:15 AM  

  • I don't know if it is too late (been camping)...

    1. Peeps
    2. Other (The Target brand of orange soda is surprisingly one of the best orange sodas period)
    3. Taco Del Mar
    4. Waffle House
    5. Taco Del Mar beef burrito with extra hot habenero sauce
    6. Never had grape (probably would never buy it as grape doesn't tend to be a flavor I buy)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/16/2006 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home