The Waffle House Chronicles...

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Back to the grind on Tuesday. After taking Monday off (mowing the lawn, dog park, grocery shopping) it was time to get going on Tuesday. Ran a 10k at lunch. Speed was high and I felt great. My body seems to be fully adapted at running in heat which is a good thing. After work I got talked into riding at Devil’s Head. Should’ve known better. Arrive, 3 people total, I am the token non-elite. It showed. First climb, they talk and mess around, I huff it. Get dropped in the singletrack. Get waited for a couple times while we do a lap. Then it was every man for himself (namely they ride together and I ride alone.) Trail was in crap shape, overgrown in places, leaves covering all singletrack to the point where you couldn’t see where the trail went. Tons of sticks. Not having a great time. Front flat. Change it but only had one CO2, air pressure low. Still not having much fun, head down to parking lot right before the Elites start a 4th lap (I did two.) Ride the DH course down, cut sidewall in rear, game over. Walk down, lay in parking lot. Cars at Devil’s Lake with their wives. Temps drop, no one around. Finally Ryan comes down saying Jerry broke his wheel at the farthest point from the parking lot. No cell coverage and low battery. Ryan takes phone to top of hill, call completed. I find 3 apples and practice juggling. Elites appear, cars appear, game over. Culvers Buffalo Tenders and Brownie Sundae were the ticket. Rode just over an hour, trip took over 5…just like a WORS race.

Wednesday- Easy swim, long run and some causal mountain biking.

So lets say you have a fiancée that wants to see a movie this Friday. You are normally someone who likes almost every movie and can easily stomach any sort of chick flick she would want to see. But something is different about this movie, it isn’t a chick flick. It is made for 16-22 year old boys. Cool, I am less than 10 years removed from that. Accepted opens Friday, could be funny. No? What? It’s a horror movie? Well I could probably do that… Wait. The movie is about snakes? I hate snakes. Snakes on a plane? What do you tell her?

5 Comments:

  • Congrats on the second place finish and first in your age group. Sounds like you had fun!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/16/2006 10:35 AM  

  • I'm hereby starting the internet-backlast against SoaP. Don't go see it, don't enjoy it ironically, just call it a bad movie and refuse to give the studio any of your money. I'm following the same strategy for World Trade Center. I saw Talladega Nights though - it was a B-minus.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8/16/2006 11:09 AM  

  • Speaking as an old married guy, your best course of action is to suck it up and go see the movie. I'm sure she sees a lot of movies with you that she might not be particularly interested in. Now's a good time to reciprocate and stockpile karma. Also, how can you pass up Samuel L. Jackson?

    By Blogger Bob, at 8/16/2006 1:24 PM  

  • Go the movie with the official movie puzzle book

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/16/2006 1:40 PM  

  • I am a horrible blog reader, been a bit busy and I apologize for my lack of reading. As far as the movie goes I have a hard time believing that you don't want to see the movie. I know I don't want to see it, however I find the ads extremely funny.

    By Blogger Hez, at 8/16/2006 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home