The Waffle House Chronicles...

Monday, March 13, 2006

Sports Update!

Edge is gone…Can the Colts cope? I think they’ll be ok and they certainly couldn’t afford what the Cardinals could. The system is decent, so if they can get a decent back in they’d be well off. I can see a running back by committee forming though, with Rhodes and a new fast/small back like Brian Calhoun or Lawrence Maroney.

Who do you like in the Big Dance? I can not say as I want to win money. I am scared though, my first attempt at Gasner’s pool netted me 3 final four teams from the same conference. I don’t like any of the 2’s this year. Every team has a glaring weakness this year as well, so from the sweet 16 on these will be no surprises. Did find a couple sweet upsets. And I have a champion in mind!

Who do you like in the NIT? I like Michigan. They can play tough D when they want to and have a first round bye and second round home game.

What do you think about the Packers? They should save their money this year, why possibly mortgage the future to go 6-10. Vikes look like they could be strong and are throwing money everywhere. Bears will be just slightly worse. Lions should compete for….the #1 draft pick. Fire Millen! Too bad they didn’t bring in Mike Martz another bad M&M would have been too much. They did stick with an M and hire Marinelli. Fire Millen is even a cultural phenomenon.

Have any more sports questions? Place it in the comments and I will answer any or all!

3 Comments:

  • I randomly filled out my basketball thingy today. I have no idea who I picked.

    I don't have any clue who is going to win the tourney, I hope it is an underdog though. I love it when the underdog wins.

    By Blogger Hez, at 3/14/2006 9:13 PM  

  • The PoliSci's department's scoring system changed, so I went with a completely new bracket strategy this year. Instead of just 1 point for a first-round pick, 2 for the 2nd, 4 for the 3rd, 8 for....and so on, now we get extra points equal to the difference in seeds if we pick an upset. So, if a 16th seed beats a 1st seed and I picked the upset, I'd get 15 points for the big upset plus 1 point for picking a first-round game right.

    So what's my new strategy? For every first-round game except 4th seeds or higher, I picked the upset. I think the chance of getting big extra points outweighs all the ones that I'll get wrong. Since no one below a 4th seed has much of a chance to make the Elite Eight anyway, I can just pick like normal for the later rounds.

    I have Villanova over Duke in the final.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/15/2006 4:13 PM  

  • Strategy Update: It's an excellent strategy. I'm sitting second (out of 49) after eleven games. I'd picked Seton Hall and NC-Wilmington to upset, so one game that wasn't close at all and one that went into OT.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/16/2006 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home