The Waffle House Chronicles...

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mmmm....

I don’t know about you but this is really big news to me. It’s a nice new sipping drink and available in some quality flavors. If the taste is half-way decent then it’ll rock! Doesn’t come out until after Christmas so if you really need a fix, try the Gatorade AM Orange/Strawberry. Best Gatorade flavor ever! Not sure why Gatorade doesn’t make an enhanced beverage, couldn’t be too tough to add a multivitamin to a bottle of Gatorade. Vitamin Water is taking over though, it basically does everything Gatorade does and adds something else as well. I know some think Vitamin Water is stupid but those also aren’t the people Vitamin Water is marketed to.

Maybe we should make this into a food post? Sure! My parents went to Florida a month ago. My preeminent restaurant (#1 appetizer, #3 nachos, Top 10 Burger) Jungle Jims went out of business. It’s a shame, the food was always good even if the service and clientele has went downhill each time I’ve visited. On a related note, Madison no longer has a Damon’s restaurant. We attempted to go there a couple weeks ago on the east side…gone. Jess’ $25 gift certificate went to waste (supposedly it will work in the Dells and Janesville if those don’t go out of business before we can hit them as well.) Tomorrow night we get to go to Prime Quarter so I am excited for that! Of course the one Prime Quarter that I made the Wall of Fame (Appleton) has also went out of business. The only other place I’ve ever made a Wall of Fame is the (yes, now defunct) Taco Time in Black River Falls, WI, the only time Taco Time flirted with Wisconsin. They now have a Taco Johns which is a Christmas Eve lunch tradition (2 years) but I am going to go out on a limb and predict that much like all but one of the Taco Johns in the Madison area, this one too won’t exist.

Starbucks vs Dunkins? Everyone wins! My choice?

Holiday Update: Christmas shopping is 90% done and wrapping is 50% done. I don’t think I’ll get to 100% done this year but such is life. Christmas card and/or letter are on the back burner.
Sports Update: This is funny!!! I can so relate!
TV: Here's our new TV near our old TV.


Cycling news: No one wins with this story...but at least it could have a conclusion.

Work Update: Friday is kinda my last day at my current job. At least my current job will never be the same as I officially begin transitioning of my current role to the new guy and I begin to transition to my new role on the next day I work. Interesting.

2 Comments:

  • That new TV looks huge, can't wait for the next game night. Looking forward to the New Year Party. Those potatoes and nachos looked really good, getting me hungry already. Good thing I had some Hubbard Ave Diner "On Wisconsin" burger last night.

    Congrats on the new job and becoming the low man on the totem (but the top man in everyone's <3 ).

    I guess I'll see you at the Mundy's!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2007 8:32 AM  

  • wht the hell si that first picture of? Where's it from? I think I need to eat some of that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/22/2007 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home