The Waffle House Chronicles...

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Back to Life…Back to Reality…


I guess I have to continue my blog for the time being as it’s been requested. Hopefully it’ll become more interactive or maybe semi-enjoyable to read. My car got a new battery last Tuesday. 139k and it still had the original battery. So now my car starts great and is almost paid off. Sweet! Too bad lately it seems like I am dropping hundos on crap like this like they are going out of style.

Of course on Sunday we dropped some hundos on a new TV. 42” flat-panel LCD 1080P Phillips. It’s pretty sweet and got great reviews so we pulled the trigger. Plus this Saturday we will now have a satellite dish as we are dropping Charter and going to Direct TV. Not sure how an installer will install a dish on a snow and ice covered roof, but that’s not really my problem. I am pretty excited to have tons of HD channels, just in time for the official start of winter!

Looks like there is an end in sight for my job. Someone supposedly accepted an offer to start in early January so hopefully in mid-January I can start my new job. We’ll see what happens though. We had our office Christmas party this past Friday and it was a blast! Stayed out until 2am, it’s been a long time since that’s happened! Lots of hilarity went on, even more than the average party. Good times and good memories, and hopefully some good photos!

I really miss being on a cruise. We spent roughly 4% of our year being transported around by the Carnival Triumph and it’s sad to think that’s over and to not know when we’ll be back aboard. On the plus side, after these next 4 days where I have to be at work and have lots of stuff to take care of, it should be about a 2-1/2 week fun fest! Holidays, parties, great times, my birthday, time off from work and just a great time of year! On the negative side though, we have to get through these 4 days (4pm Friday can’t get here soon enough.)

Well that’s what I’ve been up to. Exciting stuff huh?

1 Comments:

  • Good to hear your car is about paid off. Mines about paid off too. It's funny how the 4% of the time on the Triumph contributed to probably the top 10% of my 2007.

    Kind of can't wait to see what 2008 brings, but we'll be starting it off right at the Larson Casa.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/18/2007 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home