The Waffle House Chronicles...

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Jack Ass!

So they say when you have a bad experience you are 10 times more likely to tell people than if you have a good experience. Welcome to my bad experience. As many of you know we bought a new TV last weekend. We also signed up for Direct TV as they have more HD channels and we were tired of Charter's BS. Of course BS mush be par for the industry and who knows when we'll have satellite service. I get a call on Wednesday to confirm my appointment. The tech called me this morning at 8:30 and said he's running ahead of schedule, is it ok if he comes over more like 11. I said no problem. He tells me he'll be over some time between 11-1 then (my original window was 12-4. It's now 4:20 and no sign of anyone. I don't even know what to say if I call which is why I called now as we have to be somewhere at 6 tonight. Bastards. So now I have no idea when we'll get satellite, it's not every day I have tons of hours to spend doing nothing. I hate Direct TV. Oh yeah, since I got the call at 8:30 I've had my phone in my pocket and they never called again. WTF?

In other news, Prime Quarter was most excellent last night. We didn't get to eat until 9pm as we were really late getting there and filet mignon takes along time to cook. Food and company were both great!


In a weird observation, I've noticed that people I don't talk to much at work can still talk to me like a good friend if I see them somewhere else. It's happened a couple times, most notably yesterday at the Y. A coworker who I've barely ever talked to was at the Y working out at the same time I was. She seemed really excited to see me and she talked to me two seperate times and went out of her way to say bye before leaving. It's cool and I am glad that people feel I am approachable (I always thought I was kind of an enigma.) I guess most people are nice when you get them out of a work environment.


Riz just called, he was desperate for something he'd like at Starbucks (I believe he was on a date) and I steered him towards the hot chocolate. He seemed thankful and those are some of my favorite calls to recieve.


Well it's almost Christmas and this will probably be my last post before the Holidays! From everyone here at the Waffle House Chronicles (me) to all of my readers (2) have a Merry Christmas!!!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home